citalopram side effects

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi how can I go to ''Anyone with no side effects on citalopram''

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Cristina,

I look at my side effects, with help from my Doc and everyone here, as a positive to healing me, otherwise worrying just doesn't help!

What side effects? I have had nausea, a slight drop in appetite, feeling spaced, freaky, buzzing in the ears, raised anxiety, multiple dreams (some dark and vivid), overactive thoughts (some bad). Had aches and pains in various places The ups are getting more often as now in 4th month and on 30mg however, each down is accompanied with being lethargic and wanting to go to sleep, I went to bed the other night at 8pm and woke at 06:45. One thing cita has done is to inhibit my emotions which means I do not cry! I get a small wave of emotion which has gone as soon as it starts, whereas before I would have cried e.g. like watching "It's a Wonderful Life!" at Christmas and sat through it the first time in decades without a single tear drop!

Libido is affected too, which I am told will return (hopefully!)

In closing, all I will suggest is that you try and climb aboard the surf board and ride the wave(s), because no matter how they turn out, it'll be worth it and then you can always help others. Remember it could be a long ride though!

David

• Posted

Cristina we all have some side effects. Mine are grit my teath. And low sex appetite .that's all so not to bad been on 30 mg for 12 months
    • Posted

To be honest sex appetite is the last thing I am worried about.Just want to feel better.I know everyone has side effects but sometimes I feel I got the worst ones
  • Posted

just paste Anyone with no side effects on citalopram'' into google 
    • Posted

Anne and the citacollective,

3626 replies! WOW! Is there a shorter version? Has anyone done stats on the overall answers?

I think that as everyone is different and as I found when I came here first, back in December, it is better asking the question(s) yerself and accepting the responses.

Not to make light of our individual problems, but after a while of chatting with you lovely peeps it is an interesting subject and one we can all help each other with.

Come on, virtual group hug you wonderful forum-ers!

Hope you have a good day! If not then, we wanna know why!

Best Wishes, David

• Posted

I have to say I've just come off Citalopram after 8 months, it woeked as in I'm no longer depressed, but the side effects of not wanting sex have stayed with me, I have been off them for 2 months and my sex drive is extremly low, in addition I had an extreme outbreak of acne when withdrawing from them, and have been on antibiotics since, so in my experience they work, but it left me wondering if the side effects so far was worth it.
  • Posted

Hi

I am on day for of taking CIT. I have never taken medication for my depression/ anxiety before so this is all new. I am on 20 mg a day for a month and then I will go back for a review.

The first 2 days it was like I was high on drugs, spaced out, grinding teeth, nausea, fidgeting, dry mouth but that has all started to calm down. Sleeping is hard, I get the night sweats and insomnia.

today I woke up and nearly fainted in the shower then I started to have uncontrollable diarrhea...I am sitting on my sofa now and my tummy sounds like thunder!! Frightened to eat or drink anything.....has this happened to anyone else?? How long does it last?

my mood is much better since taking CIT but I don't know if I can cope with all the effects

• Posted

Hi Liz,

This may sound crass, but it must be said "Welcome to The Club!" And most of those side effects have happened to me and many, many more! So, try not to worry, try to relax and think positive, afterall like you said yer mood is much better so that is a positive. You will get through these side effects even though at this very moment you may be thinking WTFlip is he on?!

As difficult as it will be just go with it and you will get through it in your own time. We can all give you advice, support and an ear, but no one can say how long it will take. Everyone is different in how they respond to this "sticking plaster for the brain" of course and we don't all get the same type or intensity of side effects as others. That is why we are here for you and will only respond to your actual posts, not say what you may or may not get, that is just dumb, because you may worry when it is not necessary.

One thing I did at the beginning (and being here was so alien to me) was to just go with it as rough as it was. I have and still do have loving support at home, but some mornings I just couldn't get out of bed. Then if I did, I only made it to the quilt down stairs and curled up inside it. Lol!

Keep reading, keep posting and we'll keep being here for you!

Regards,

David

So, .

• Posted

Hi, I started on Citalapram 7 weeks ago and for the first three weeks felt a little nauseous just after taking it..this lasted for about an hour or two...other than that none...I did notice bruising but it was when I was taking pain mess with aspirin in...other than that I think I've been one of the lucky ones x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.