citalopram side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am on cit for 2 weeks and I have a constant burning in my chest.Is this normal?I don't think is anxiety symptom,could be acidity?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Probably a bit of both, citalopram do cause acid reflux. Try gaviscon and see if it calms down. Are you taking them for anxiety?
    • Posted

Yes and I had all the side effects on the leaflet I try not to give up,but I don't know if wort it.I am affraid that I have gastritis or something
  • Posted

yES. It happened to me too. Been on cit 20 mg for 4 weeks now. Still get that feeling but not as often. I always though it was the meds fighting off the anxiety. Maybe lol
    • Posted

Hi Gary did you take any antiacids?When did you start to feel better?I tried very hard to stay on med 2 weeks but I can't wait longer to see the benefits.Sometimes I  regret that I start taking med
    • Posted

My whole life i have had heartburn acid reflux. I started taking Pantoprazole. It is a life saver. I started feeling better last week. Almost 4 weeks into it. Cit is brutal stuff. But i was told 7 weeks before results. Im not big on meds either. Wasnt until this year that i started taking certain meds. How long have you been off cit?
    • Posted

I am on cit 10mg for 2 weeks .I have anxiety  and panick atacks for many years.I was on seroxat 3 years ago.I was ok for a while but anxiety came back more agressive .5 weeks ago I tried to take seroxat again but I had very bad side effects .I couldn't eat for few days and this caused me more acidity and heartburn.My doctor put me on cit and my stomach didn't recover after seroxat.I hope this symptoms will go soon
  • Posted

i had the same feeling, but it went away, took anti acid liquid and burning went away after a 1/2 hour, but i would call your dr and tell him just to be sure its not a heart problem.
    • Posted

I was in the emergency departament just before I started the treatment with cit with fast heart rate and chest burning I had ekg and usual blood tests and they said that all normal and the burning is from stomach because I couldn,t eat and had too much acid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.