citalopram side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi I am on cit 10 mg for 5 weeks I have severe heartburn .Will this symptoms go away or is better to stop the medication ?I don't know what to do because I feel like I have an iritation in my chest  and I am scared I might have cancer or something.Anyone with these symptoms?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry about the heartburn it is normal with citalopram just get some gaviscon as I did n don't worry so much the citalopram will put u right....take care
  • Posted

Hiya it can take up to 6 weeks to kick in...make sure you drink plenty of water too I find that also helps hope you start to feel better soon smile
    • Posted

Hi. I hope will work for me aswell.Better later than never.I should wait one more week,the problem is that I have no hope.I tried very hard to stay on them because I had horrible side effects and if I try a different med I have to go through the side effects again...and wait  4 weeks again...
  • Posted

Hi Cristina,

Yep had this and other things going on with breathing, panic attacks etc. Worried too much initially about too much! Now don't worry, but I am 4 months in, HANG IN THERE! It will be worth it!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thanks David,I don't know if it's anxiety or a side effect of cit.I know I am on low dose but I am affraid it can cause damage in my stomach  because I have no appetite and chest burning
  • Posted

Hi,

I have not read of a discussion asking this question yet? However, I am sure someone out there will read and get back to you, it'll be intersting to know either way! So, come on you forum-ers! Get replying!

It is always best to try and eat something meal wise or nibble on something on a regular basis if you can irrespective of medication. Pleaes try.

Regards,

David

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up