Citalopram success story..

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey, so i was hesitant to start with this medication due to me having a phobia of pills.. when i first picked up my prescription it sat in the bag it cane in for 2.5 weeks! i never felt suicidal but did have thoughts of "this is really my life now i cant believe it" tried to work through it on my own but i was getting worse.. i noticed i had this problem since i was 17 i didn't think much of it at the time, it rarely happened. i heard someone speak about their symptoms an they were identical to mine! an thats when i discovered "i have anxiety" i self worked through this for 8 years no doctor no medications.. about 2 months ago i noticed i was getting worse to the point i couldn't sleep an when i did it was not for long.. my every thought was "omg am i dying" "is this it" i would cry thinking of how my family would lose me.. it got so bad i finally told my primary what i was going through an he told me i was i need of help, i agreed i wasn't sleeping so i began to see things, hear things which made my condition worse. after taking my first citalopram i began to feel a lot better i couldn't believe a pill was helping me, every morning since about 2 months now i take my citalopram an i haven't experienced a single attack even when i know im experiencing a time in which i normally would/ should panick i do not, it feels great an i feel like me again.. im not tired worried stressed anxious im not anything except me again.. im wishing everyone the best of luck on this medicine an im hoping it works for you as it is for me.. best of luck to you all. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.