CITALOPRAM TO AMITRIPTYLINE

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been presribed amitriptyline for anxiety/panic attacks, side-effects on cit where to bad for me to continue with.

Has anyone any experiences with the amitriptyline,there doesn,t seem to be a forum like this one for it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle, speaking from my own experiences, I know not how you feel on this new drug you have been prescribed. Though my mum takes it just before she goes to bed as pain relief. It helps her to sleep. Sorry I couldnt help more, It should help you to sleep, (if thats a problem for you).
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply Tiny Tears, So far so good on new med, sleeping well, no side effects, I am taking it for anxiety/panic attacks, seem to be a bit calmer today still anxious but no where near like I was on citalopram.

Even drove the car today, went around the roundabout twice though, then didn,t want to come home.

Just hope it continues. Wonder why the forum wouldnt print the reply from \"x\".

Take Care

Danielle.

• Posted

:lol: Keep it up Danielle, sounds good. I am wondering if I should take my mothers advice and go for the same drug you are on, citalopram makes me a pure analytical insomniac!!! Been on it for months, though I have noticed I do not shout at my children in the mornings, like I used to. I know you are taking something else to keep your moods better, but do not be afraid to share your experiences. take care, hope it all goes well, luv, Tiny Tears!
  • Posted

Sorry, can I ask you why you did not want to go home? The reason I ask, is my homelife is just , well as they would say in the west coast, pure torture!!! Just wondering? Dont be afriad to talk to me about it. I will understand ,, absolutely anything, promise!!!!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up