Citalopram to venlafaxine!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well, its not been going too well............

Dr says to change to venlafaxine :shock: yes it scares me, but as I'm not getting better anytime soon......... just gonna go with it.

What is it about depression that makes us latch on to a hope.... then crash lower?

Right now, I just seem to agree with anything they say....

lost my will and self worth, ...

Sorry M x :oops:

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You will be fine! The doctors know whats best! xx
  • Posted

Mushroom don't be hard on yourself there is a solution out there for you...it's finding what suits you best...are you having any other help counselling or CBT?

smile

• Posted

Hi again Tereza,

and yes seeing a counsellor at my GPs surgery. She is still trying to decide the best way forward for me.... We end up talking quite abit about her and how hard my job is emotionally (I work in ambo control) and yes at times it is hard, but when I'm well, I do the job well and it is rewarding, like your job, at times it does feel impossible to get it right for everyone.

But we do try, just like we are trying to get well. Are you having any counselling yet?

M :wink: X

• Posted

Hello, me again....

Well holiday was good, all pressure deleted......

Then I came back home! Work has not been great, actually signed off sick again for 2 weeks and uping the ven! Will this ever end? will I ever get control of my life and be a happy person?

Find myself crying for no good reason and just not coping.

Oh well, guess I just have to try again x :oops:

• Posted

read your story just now wondered how your getting on now? its intriguing ror me because i suffer bad anxiety and have panic disorder and i take 20ml citalopram but my hubby suffers with stress and has bad palpitations and hes on 37ml venlafaxine so do know wat you have you been diagnosed with yet :?:
  • Posted

Hi annemarie,

Was originally diagnosed with anxiety, then severe depression!

And this has caused panic attacks and a serious loss of worth. My Dr has been great, and got to see a brilliant cousellor through work.

Am back at work now, though on 150mg of ven. Am exhausted most of the time, but sleep very badly. Still on a return to work plan, so not up to full time hours yet.

But, am happier and more in control now. And, I don't beat myself up so much....

I am very fortunate as I have a very supportive family, and an understanding partner. Having said that, I do live on my own, but for me, thats good, as I can just switch off when at home.

Going back to work has been positive this time. Most of my colleagues have genuinely missed me (I sure there are a few that didn't! lol)

Still not out of the woods........... but am getting there. Its been a very long journey, one that I would rather not have had to do!

As for the ven v cit, the citalopram just did not work for me, far too many side effects and possibly the cause of my panic episodes.

Since being on the ven, am now able to go back to sleep if I don't need to get up early, where as the cit had me wide awake, but shattered at 4 to 5 every morning.

Hey, but still have a few side effects, nausea now and then, and some very disturbing dreams. A small price to pay though in return for my regaining confidence and control of me.

Good luck to you and your hubby, be strong and well, and when you can't be, give yourselves a break, be nice to the inner you smile

M x 8)

• Posted

hi mushroom, good hearing from you, its good to know that there are other people out there all dealing with mental health issues and we are not the only ones living thru it. i have had and still continue to have severe anxiety depression and suffer with panic disorder and i never know what each day will bring. i dont be so hard on myself anymore iv accepted i have an illness instead of hating myself and feeling worthless i try to be possitive and my mental health councillour is working with me on relaxation and breathing excersices. cant see me ever coming off cit diazopam and zopiclone but if i need that to cope then so be it. all the best to you and dont be too hard on yourself dont pile the pressure on. :wink:
  • Posted

Just looked back at this post from you,.....

You have been on cit for a long time! maybe you should question this with your Dr.

Maybe something else would work better for you......! just a thought

All the Best M

PS: don't mean to rock the boat x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.