Citalopram upped from 20mg to 40mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, just new here so no used to the website as yet. My doc has just upped my Citalopram from 20mg to 40mg as I informed her I still had some anxiety, excessive sweating, tiredness, not sleeping well and felt really agitated particularly at night. Feel as if I'm sleeping even worse since the docs was upped, and agitation has got worse too, I can lie awake and be scratching my skin/scalp for hours before finally falling asleep exhausted. Does anyone else get this? Not sure if its worth sticking with, I thought maybe they'd try me on different tablets but I do feel like Citalopram has helped my IBS-D. Also feel like I get so easily irritated at people, not sure if that's an anxiety side effect but mainly people in work and my family, can snap so easily at them but mainly I manage to hold it in- so far. Help or advice welcome please.

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Is the anxiety constant or coming in waves? Also is it just there at a certain time of day and how do you manage/cope with it. Do you take any extra meds?
    • Posted

It is there most of the time but I have waves of very intense anxiety. I use diazepam at night to get some break. It is bad in the morning s and afternoon....I think a few hours after I take my meds.
    • Posted

Hi Gerry, my anxiety seems to mostly be under control now. I have propranolol for as and when I need it though which works well. I just have the side effects still which is a pain but better than anxiety, just fed up feeling tired all the time due to a lack of decent sleep.
    • Posted

Its so difficult! I toss and turn so much during the night like I can't get comfy but my mattress is fairly new and its comfy. Then I feel really lazy when I'm yawning away in work. I used to sleep for 7/8 hours a night it was great. Live in hope can get that back 1 day.

• Posted

I'm exactly the same but off sick at moment. If I get a rubbish nights sleep everything else feels worse eggs anxiety and nausea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.