Citalopram week 5 20mg side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am taking citalopram 20 mg for panic/anxiety. I took citalopram before in my life and i am aware of the multiple side effects that can cause.

this time though i am experiencing a new one and wondering if any of you have the same.

I had a couple of days when i had the feeling that both my legs were really hot almost burning. then i had a few days when one leg felt icy like cold water was pouring on it.

I also have the odd skin feeling i.e crawling and sensitive skin.

thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I havent personally had that but a friend of mine had exactly the same. When I took meds for the second time though I had a completely different experience too - that time round I had depression and no anxiety and it took longer to recover too.

• Posted

thank you for your reply. it seems they present different challenges each time we start them! in the past i used to get numbness on one side of my face.

hopefully we all feel better at some point.

• Posted

Yes I definitely found that when I restarted the meds - totally different. My friend also had numbness in her face plus said it often felt like she had ants crawling on her skin.

• Posted

ants in the pants exactly haha

thank you so much for your feedback these tablets aren't easy without support x

• Posted

Yes - that's it 😀 Our bodies do some weird things at times .....

No the meds aren't easy, but they are great!! They don't work like other meds whereby you take a pill and in a couple of weeks you start to feel better. Think of those weeks more like months ... but just keep persevering, through it all. It does get better.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.