Citalopram - Will it really help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm about to take my first tablet (10mg). I've been putting it off, but something has to change. I've got to the stage where I don't know if my behaviour has caused my situation or my situation has resulted in the state of mind I'm in.

My husband left me and the kids a few days ago. I think he's a bullying controlling cruel man. He says its all my fault and its my state of mind that has caused all our problems. I feel like people are criticising me all the time. I feel worthless and cry all the time. I don't know how I still have my job - some days I just sit at my desk crying - still working, but in tears. Now I feel so guilty that my husband has gone and it might be all my fault that the kids will grow up with a single mum. I'm so confused.

I don't have much family, certainly no-one I can say these kind of things to, so any comments will be gratefully received.

Do you think the Citalopram will help?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura, I feel exactly the same!!! Except my partner want leave his children with meee, the looney!!! Feel so alone and hurt, but citalopram will help you cope, hopefully (for I am no GP), but it has helped me and is still helping although I feel sick pretty much most of the time , my temper is more controlled around the kids. Yet I cannot sleep!
  • Posted

Soory to hear that. But the stuff works for me, though I waslucky I had little in the way of side effects.
  • Posted

Works for me too - I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now if it wasnt for the respite it gives me. I know its not for everyone and I hate the thought of being dependent on drugs but we all have our limits and I'd definitely reached mine! I thank God that I wasnt born 100 years ago, before the invention of our medication and a more enlightened society.
  • Posted

LauraJ

I can truly relate to you being a bit mixed up with your feelings and thoughts. I feel for you, your husband blaming you and then he walks out, that is no support for you and your health or for your kids, that was wrong of him. As for others making judgements on you, that is unfair, They oviously don't have any idea what your going through :-(

I hope your first does of your meds went well, I myself have only taken 3 and I am hoping over the next few weeeks I will feel better. I have only just joined this group and posted a posting and it has helped so much, so you have all the people here to support you and won't judge you for anything, your the one who matters...........Karen

• Posted

Thanks Karen for the kind words. I have taken 3 tablets now, feeling a bit nauseous but other than that so far so good, how are you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.