Citalopram withdrawl

Posted , 9 users are following.

I’ve withdrawn from 20 mg down to 5 mg over 10 months now, taking it very slowly but at minute having horrific bouts of depression & misery, it’s so strange to feel because I took them for panic attacks, but to feel so so miserable is quite frightening 

I’m suffering in silence, this is the first time I’ve written on anything, just need to communicate with someone 

thanks rob 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is probably time to up your dose again to 10milligrams...that might be what you need.or if you can manage ask your doctor for a short term benzo..
  • Posted

Hi,

It's probably just not the right time to stop. Go to your GP see what they say. You may need some support. Some of us need help to stay on these meds.

If they help, take them

It's not a bad thing. Anything that makes you feel better.🙂

• Posted

Hi Iam in a similar situation. I am now down to 2.5 mg of citolapram. I went on citilspram for severe anxiety and panic. I was on 30mg and have weaned down to 2.5 over 11 months. I am so up and down emotionally and some days feel a sadness there is no reason for. I also don’t feel very well, fatigued and depressed. Maybe we can support each other I don’t want to up my dose again because of the weight gain
    • Posted

The weight gain is not cuase by celexa..any ssri have the tendency to make you crave carbohydrates..which are bad for you anyway..I gain 40pounds on celexa ..but recently lost 30 by not eating anything that's white ..take care

• Posted

Hi Rob

It might not be the right time to come off them why do you feel you want to come off them . If its because you were feeling really well that is down to the tablets i was the same managed to come of them then within a couple of days went back on them . It use to bother me about taking them but now i think whats the problem if they help

• Posted

Hi Rob, I  took myself of Paxil because I thought I could cope without it.  I was wrong.  If the cit was working for you, why would you come off it?   I hope things are ok for you coming off but I know I will be on these the rest of my life if they work for me...... 
  • Posted

Hi Rob, I started to reduce my dosage about 10 days ago.  I've gone from 20 (which ive been on for 15mnths)  to 15 mg and was surprised by how sleepy and unmotivated i feel.  I'm sticking with it because I don't want to stay on medication forever.  I believe in pushing yourself and being self-disciplined.  It's really tough but when you force yourself to eat well, exercise, do something useful it feels good.

Good luck - try to think positive and keep busy.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing Rob.   I have been on Celexa since 2000 starting at 20 mg a day and upped it to 40 mg in 2009 or so when things were really stressful.   Started with a new doctor last month and he wants me off of it, as it is supposedly dangerous for the Long QT syndrome in my family history.   So, I have gone from 40 mg to 30 mg for a week to 20 mg for a week to 10 mg for a week and today is my first day totally off.  I think it is a little too fast.   Starting to feel dizzy and weird.   Going to try to battle thru it.  We will see.

Gene 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.