Citalpram

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi am just wondering if any one is taking citalpram for anxiety/ depression I've been giving these tablets by my gp but I'm terrified to take them any help would be apriciated xx

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

hi i was given them and after about a wk on them i couldn t sleep at all but the weard thing was i had loads of energy and felt strangley great but the sleep side of things made me ask for a change ! i think everyone is different and and you just need to try them for a wk to 10days i was advised to keep a journal of how i felt emotionally from day to day and i think this helped me make my decisions better if i could have slept on cetalipram i would probably still be on them . good luck and all the best 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I used to take Citalopram from about 4 years ago until about 12 months ago for Clinical Depression. As I found that this medication eventually wasn't doing me any good in that my depressive episodes went on for months, my GP only increased the dosage and at one stage I was on 150mg a day with no effect. As a result I came off them a year ago and went onto Venlafaxine then Mertazipine and then Sertraline. I had been on Venlafaxine previously but had really bad side effects this time so came off quickly. Mertazipine made me quickly put on a stone and I had trouble when coming off them. Sertraline was like Citalopram and made no difference. I am now on Duloxitine but again it hasn't helped so far. Everyone is different and I have heard that Citalopram agrees with a lot of people and they have had good results. Hope it does for you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Emma, 

i have had fantastic results on citalopram, when I was initially diagnosed it's what they gave me. Unfortunately I lost them and couldn't sort a new prescription out for two weeks and never got it right after that, before eventually moving on to sertraline (and eventually back to citalopram).

Long story short, citalopram was the most effective one for me hands down, it doesn't suit everyone but don't worry about it if it doesn't there are plenty out there.

good luck with your recovery x 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for the posts guys and it's the side affects that get me expecialy the one were it says u could feel worse before getting better I don't think I could handle feeling any worse than I already do and so scared of my anxiety getting worse as I can just say bare it ATM  but think am just gonna have to bite the bullet and try these tablets  only way to find out is to try xxxxx thanks guys xxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I should not worry too much it may be your anxiety telling you not to take them.

Give it a trial for a few months and review regularly with your GP

Richard

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up