Citilopram

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. How's everyone doing today?  I haven't posted for a week, started feeling a bit better and went back to work, just mornings.  I still feel very anxious though but other than that and the lack of appetite, I don't feel like I did, which was horrendous to say the least.  However, this morning had a blip and had to resort to a diazepam which is a godsend to be honest. Works within minutes and just makes me feel normal, not hyper or anything like that thank god! I'm now into 3 weeks at 20mg. Hopefully things will get better and it is just a blip. Apparently anxiety is one of the last things to go... who knows. I have had citilopram before but not for anxiety so this is a whole new experience! Still feel like an idiot for feeling like this as I have no need to be. I think mine is a combination of having a health scare, losing our 14 month old puppy to an illness and my son choking while we were on holiday which resulted in half of New York City turning up to help!! Maybe it just all took its toll, who knows!!! 

Anyway, I hope everyone is feeling better, especially in time for Christmas xx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Debbie I had to look twice as I thought I had wrote this message lol just similar usernames. Glad to hear you've gone back to work and having blips is normal I hear and I'm nearly 4 weeks in 10mg of Citalopram and feeling a lot better my anxiety on a morning has just about gone and I've had the odd blip but I try and stay positive and know in more time I will be back to my old self which I nearly am and I'm so grateful for this site and Citalopram. Hope you have a lovely Xmas x

• Posted

Too many Debbie's...perhaps it's something to do with our name!!

Glad to hear your anxiety has almost gone, am hoping mine will get better and better.  Still waking at 4am which is very annoying but hope that gets better too!  I'm used to my full 8 hours sleep!  

Im also grateful for this site as I think I would have given in by now if I hadn't seen so many people going through the exact same symptoms.

have a great xmas too xx

• Posted

Morning Debbie,

Had a bad day yesterday feeling anxious, had to take my daughter for an exam and it was all too much, could not wait to get home, the worst thing for me at the moment is sleep, given medication by GP which I really did not want to take, had to take though for past 4 nights but hear stories about how it is addictive, I tried to go without last night but after 2 hours of just laying there had to take a tablet. As soon as I wake in the morning sleep is on my mind for that night, don't know where to go from here. It's good to hear from you though, sorry to ramble on!

• Posted

Hi Lisie yes I used to hunk about sleeping but that just plays on your mind and I know it's easy for me to say but when I woke in night I would get up and do some quick breathing techniques and write down how I was feeling then I would be a lot calmer but I know if I can't sleep now I don't huff about it I try to accept it and relax there's a lot of relaxation techniques on YouTube I listen on my phone till I'm really tired. Your sleep will improve soon x

• Posted

Hi Lisle. Yes I was like that yesterday also, had to take my daughter to her birthday party at  Gravity Force but just wanted to go home. So annoying.

what has your doctor given you for sleep? I haven't got anything, but can sleep from about 10pm so that's something.  The 4am wake ups aren't great though!

how long have you been on citilopram and what dose?

and please don't apologise for rambling on, we need to get this stuff off our chests somehow xx

• Posted

Does anyone have heightened smell and taste I've read this can happen and o just took my little boy out and was overthinking and anxious as my sense of smell and taste was stronger the more I thought about it which I suppose it does if I give it power!!?

• Posted

I sometimes wonder whether it's our worrying that causes all these weird symptoms.  I've just had shortness of breath which took about half an hour to go but I know I can breath so it's weird.  I can't say I have heightened smell or taste. However, when I don't feel like eating, any smell of food is heightened as it smells awful! X

• Posted

Haha yes I was just sat thinking that anything g I concentrate on especially when I'm anxious gets bigger then I laughed as I've just gave myself the answer but I find it hard sometimes keeping myself positive but I'm good at giving other people advice lol

• Posted

P.s I've never thought I couldn't breathe for years now but I'm sure that will be next thing lol have to laugh or I will cry!! X

• Posted

Oh yes, the over thinking!! Once it's in your head, off you go again!  Like you, I sometimes just have to laugh or, to the horror of my little ones, dance around the room. Doesn't make me feel better for long but does help at that moment.  What a numpty 😜

• Posted

Your not a numpty Debbie I do that too lol nervous energy and my 3 year old loves it and hasn't got a clue why I'm doing it but sometimes when he's playing up I have to go in another room as it makes me worse I have a breather from him then ok!!

• Posted

yes, when the kids play up and start shouting or fighting, I find myself getting so worked up. Just want them to go and be quiet somewhere. I've just told them that mummy feels sick as I don't want them worrying or getting anxious too.  They are 7 and nearly 9 so pick up on stuff very quickly. 

• Posted

Morning Debbie17,

We're gonna have to be careful because there is also a debbie18 that is posting at the moment so, if some replies seem a little strange or off the mark (don't worry that may be normal for some of us lol!) or, they may just be for debbie18 and not you!

As you appear to be aware and, to some degree, in control of of what is happening to you plus the fact that you are thinking about things that may have or may cause your illness in the first place and to flare up is a really good sign.  You are back at work, but please remember that work related stress is one of the biggest causes of modern day mental illnesses which, is not our fault, but the unreasonable demands of an archaic system which desperately needs an upgrade!

Positivity is great, getting yer hands back on the rudder when yer strong enough is brilliant too, but there may always be the odd blip and hopefully you will be able to adapt to these without having to pop a diazepam.  After all everyone gets the odd off day!

Thanks for posting it is positive news and I like to hear that as it makes me think about my own situation and the odd blips I get!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi David. Thanks for replying I'm sure all us Debbie's are going to get mixed up but as it appears we're all going through the same, it doesn't matter!!

Yes I have accepted the odd blips but it does make me a bit scared that the citilopram won't work even though I'm much better than I was. I can deal with most side effects but not the constant anxiety which stops me in my tracks.  Horrible feeling!

how little nag have you been on cit and what dose if you don't mind me asking? 

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend too

regards

Debbie

• Posted

jesus, little nag was meant to say how long!!! Need to read before i post 😂

• Posted

How little nag!!!  I'm a thoroughbred I'll have you know (thoroughbred what, who knows?)!  I guessed that was what you meant and saw your other post to confirm lol!

I have been on Cita two years one month and currently on 40mg.  I came through all of the side effects around the 6 month mark.  I then had two not related medical issues, one was a burst appendix.  This was followed by two Family bereavements and in thge new year I will be having a hip replaced  OH JOY TO THE WORLD!

It is funny in a way, one of my side effects was health paranoia as I call it all of which when tested by me GP did not exist.  Then two things I didn't even know about I get ill with!

The long and the short of it is that I was planning to reduce to possibly come off however, these issues have prevented me from attempting so, if I do try, it will be in the new year.

I know what people have said why try to come off something you need, well, I would like to try as I have never been one for popping pills, but I am resigned to the fact that I may have to stay on a reduced dose, maybe just 10mg, for as long as it takes.  The delicate thing when reducing is to do it gradually and slowly.

Never mind asking anyone anything here, that is why we are here!  If it is too risque then the moderator (Big Brother) will step in!  Lol!

Regards,

David

• Posted

You've obviously been through a lot and it does take its toll. We all think we can handle these things but I guess even the strongest of us have meltdowns. Never thought this would happen to me but it has and I don't like it at all. 

I also don't like popping pills but I'd rather do that than put up with anxiety! 

When I had post natal depression, I dropped to 10mg from 20mg and had no issues at all so hopefully, if you do it, it will be fine.  When I came off completely, I had about 3 weeks of a dizzy head but I knew what it was and it wasn't bad at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.