Citilopram eekkk

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi iv been a mess for a yr now trying to find a med For my bad bad anxiety im on pregablin which picked me up n iv been slowly slowly getting a bit better the doc wants me to get to 300mg on pregablin but im stuck at 275 it seem to b making my brain weird x u was on 150 mg last yr Fo a bit n it worked ok then I couod feel it not doin its job x I was prescribed citilopram months ago by one of the many locums we see in our surgery he told me to come off mirtazapine to go on it so I did over 3 weejs n bow im stuck on 3. 5 mg as I cnt sleep n then panik starts x so im extremely sensitive to meds n thought if I start on 2. 5mg citilopram n work up per week would that help coz the pregablin doesn't seem to b helping xxx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, what mg of citalopram have you had?

They normally start you off on 10mg, then there's a choice of 20mg, 30mg and 40mg.... that's if you need to go up.

I'm sure you will be ok with citalopram.. as all it is doing is increasing your serontinon receptors.

However when you first go on citalopram... you can feel a bit crap for the first week... it can heighten your anxiety/depression.... BUT it's generally only the first week. Once the week is over you start to feel better... then week after week you start to feel more and more better, it normally takes about 6/6 weeks for full effects.

Citalopram is amazing for depression and especially anxiety! I was on 20mg for 7 years.. and nothing phased me! I was so chilled out!!!

However I tried to come off it and my anxiety returned so I've gone back on it. smile hope this helps x

• Posted

Thank u so much for ur reply x im on 2.5mg as im very med sensitive n it made my anx go mad for a few days im on day 7 now n need to go up but im petrified as wen the anx kiks in it gives me a big goin ma feelin in my head x I will go up to 5 soon as I need relief iv been very bad now Fo a long time x do u think 10mg will b enough? My life if hanging on it xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.