citralopram..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys. Iv suffered with depression an and off since being 15. Been on all kinds of antidepressants over the years (I'm now 24) recently tried the ones that worked for me with my last episode of depression which was (mirtazapine) had to atop taking them because of increased appetite and weight gain.. Now been put onto citralopram.. Has anybody been on these and what are your thoughts on them? I only took my 1st 1 today and now I feel more down than iv been in a long time. I feel really anxious, achy legs, cant relax and am honestly thinking would I be better off alive. If it wasn't for my 2 babies who have nobody but me I probably wouldn't be writing this post... Any help much appreciated.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

hi jadelea sorry to hear youve suffered from depression for so long ! i was on citlapram for a couple of years whilst it helped i needed to have it changed 3 years ago i was put on venlafaxine which helps to a certain extent ! regarding your starting citalopram whilst everybody experiences different things please give it 3 to 4 months then if your not happy go back to your doctor and try something else ! i wish you the best of luck and take care david x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there,

Sorry hear your suffering. I was recently diagnosed with depression from ongoing chronic pain and I am on my second week of Citalopram.

My first week on it was awful but I was desperate to get better I kept with it. My first week I had terrible migraines and felt lower than ever.

The headaches have eased I feel slightly better in myself. I'm hoping things will get betterthe longer I'm on it.

Try to stick with taking the Citalopram at regular times and keep yourself busy. If your feeling desperately lower you should go back and tell your GP.

Keep us updated on how you get on, I hope you start to feel better soon x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thankyou for your input really appreciate it.. Iv never felt so much affect and mood change instantly from just 1 tablet. I never suffer restless legs and I literally cant sit down its that painful when I stop moving. I'm putting it down to the tablets because iv never experienced anything like this.. Also had major headache and blurred vision earlier which has eased now thank god xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I was on citlopram for many years started off on 20 mgs they do increase your anxitiy I couldn't eat for about three days couldn't sleep ether and had the worsed headache that lasted four days these symptoms lasted me about one week and then once there in your system they will get better I started to feel better in two to three weeks off starting on citlopram March this year I have weaned off the citlopram still having a few panicky feelings bet I having cbt once a fornight I am on my four session so hang in there it will take time for you to feel better hope this has helped you xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up