Citralopram - when will it start working

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone. Im coming into week 7 of taking citralopram. A couple of weeks ago I had been feeling much better and thought I was on the up but last week felt really bad and went back to the doctor who upped the dose from 20 to 30mg. He suggested it would take a couple of weeks to kick in and for me to feel the benefit but at the moment i am feeling terrible and experiencing the side effects I got when I first started taking it eg feeling sick and no appetite. Im finding my anxiety is terrible in the morning and eases off through the day. Is this normal or am I going crazy? Do i need to go back to the doctors? Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 20 replies

Report / Delete

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI there do you get temple pains or pins and needles face on it thanks I am week 7,

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

HI there do you get temple pains or pins and needles face on it thanks I am week 7,

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Panic attack tingling is completely different to tingling from the meds in my experience. The tingling I got from these, feels similar to the feeling of when pins and needles where off, and only affect part of my body. The tingling I have experienced through anxiety, has affected most of my body and especially in my head and face and doesnt feel like pins and needles.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i had pins and needles and ant crawling feeling on my head and scalp before meds.and with meds it got worst before it got better.raising your dose you will start the process all over again.but if your having yucky mornings and good evenings that means the medicine is working.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lucy,what you have too realize is every time you change your dosage ,you will get side effects,so persevere with this dosage and it will help you

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lucy,what you have too realize is every time you change your dosage ,you will get side effects,so persevere with this dosage and it will help you

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lucy

You are not going crazy this is all completely normal unfortunately. It can take quite a while for your brain and nervous system to adjust to these. Hang in there! I wish doctors were not so quick to up these, its hard enough adjusting to the original dose. Am pleased you have found this forum.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lucy, try taking 25 & working your way up to 30.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks everyone its so hard to know what to do for the best. I feel like Im letting everyone and myself down and that I'll never feel any better and will be stuck like this forever

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi everyone Im on day 9 of the increased dose and still feeling really rubbish. my mood is really low which ive not really experienced before and still feeling nauseous. I know when I first started taking the tablets i felt worse before i started to feel a bit better but didnt expect this to be the case with the dose increase ie feeling even worse. anyone have any advice/tips would be much appreciated as feeling really lost

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up