citrolopram

Posted , 9 users are following.

15 days on 20mg citrolopram went for my Gp appt today still feeling really anxious and nausea, told him I felt bad in the mornings and still unable to work, he said give them a little longer. When should these feelings fade? Anyone else in this situation? I feel like I,m going to explode.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I can honestly say so many of us have been where you are now and haven't exploded!

Import thing thing is to keep or get back your sense of humour. Have you a favourite sitcom on DVD? Watch it. Spoil yoursekf put on music to sing to while you do your chores. Enjoy tme out from your job. Be good to yourself. YOU are worth it.

• Posted

Hi lynnet

First of all don't worry we've all been there!!

I don't know what your doctors like but mine was kind but so unhelpful.

You think they have the answers! !!

Hang on in there I take my cits at night they knock me out I sleep like a baby and I wake up ready to face the day

I would say 15 days your start feeling lifted soon

Deep breath you can beat this!!!

• Posted

Beverly! !

Great advice! !

We are special people! !

• Posted

Very very special all of us to get through this life
  • Posted

Thanks for all the encouragement, I know I,m not the only one going through this. Dr did give me some lorezepan to get me through the worst, bit scared to take it ! !
  • Posted

Hi lynnet,

I was taking lorazapam for about 6 weeks before the Cit kicked in and like you was scared to take it at the beginning. But the doc told me, once the Cit starts working you will not need Lorazapam and don't be scared to take it. I did and he was right. After about 6-7 weeks cit started working and I gradually decreased my lorazapam and Zopiclone (7.5) and don't even think about it anymore. don't be scared and take it coz it will help you get through the worst.

Best wishes

Grace

• Posted

Hi again lynnet

Im not sure of lorazapram but I was giving diazapram and was scared to take them!

They made me feel lovely and chilled and never took all of them because cits kicked in

I keep a pack of them in my purse and think how bad I was when I needed them and now I don't

Feel very proud of how far ive come and so will you

Gill

• Posted

Thanks grace and gill

I will see how I feel tomorrow how many lorezapan was you taking grace?

Glad the cits have worked for you both

• Posted

It was 'when needed' and I was petrified at first coz of the stories on internet of getting addicted. I was taking up to 2mg a day. first I was taking one in the morning and half or one in the afternoon, then decreased to just one, then half till I completely stopped.

Good luck

Grace

• Posted

Well done grace

I'm not so worried now

Thanks

• Posted

I have been on citalopram for two weeks as a result of health anxiety and generalised anxiety, having some side effects but could do with chatting to people in the same boat as I don't have a strong support network around me, and my friends don't really know I'm on the meds. Feel slightly better but the citalopram seem to have strong side effects... Any help would be appreciated. Best wishes, chris
  • Posted

Welcome chris!

Its sad when you have no one to talk to but your in good company here!

This sight has helped me so much!

2weeks into your cits I had awful side effects but stick with it its all so worth it!!

Talk anytime

• Posted

Thanks gill, how long until they go? I'm really stressed at the minute too so I'm just dragging myself through the days. sad nice to know there's people to chat to on here
  • Posted

Chris dont drag yourself be kind to yourself!!

Treat it like you have flu or something give yourself timeand rest!

It took me 5weeks approxs I paced the side effects determined not to let it beat me!!

Eat well try to sleep and rest!

We are strong! !

• Posted

Dear All,

Thank you for your questions, Thank you for replying. We all in the same situation.

Some doctors do not know for how long those horrible side effects will affect us...

My husband on sit more than 2 weeks already and feels very bad: head ache, panic attacks, not sleeping at night and etc.. even he mixing sit with alcohol, because it helps him to relax at least for few hours,,, the only one thing keeps him up - " we know why we start taking this medicine, and we know that it will help at the end" .

And now he realize that he is not alone,

Big Thanks to everyone for support, this is really important.

Regards, Elena

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.