Citrolpram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

Just wanting to know if this medication will ever kick in and make me feel like me again or am I being too optimist,  started out on 10mg 6 weeks ago then went onto 20mgs a week ago but I've been through hell since the dose was increased loads of side effects , light headed, nausea, still feeling low, but I must admit I have had a couple of days in between feeling good then wham back to feeling low again.

Jean x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been on this for years on and off. it does help, i feel the effects more if i miss a couple of doses, then i realise i was feeling better. unfortunately there is no wonder drug to make us feel great again but they do take the edge off, giving you the chance to work on things yourself a bit better. i hope you start to feel better soon. h x
  • Posted

Hi Jean

i asked myself the same question over and over.  After 7 weeks on sertraline I think it is finally helping.  I was on citaploram for many years and found it very helpful.  The side effects are awful to say the least but you will feel better.

lynda

• Posted

Hello lynda

can I ask you  if you don't mind why your not on citrolpram anymore.

jean

• Posted

Hi Jean

i think both my dr and I felt it was not helping with the anxiety but now I am not sure that is true, these meds do stop helping after awhile.  I was on it for years.  Their were times I wouldn't take it for 3 or 4 days and didn't feel any ill effects...so perhaps it had stopped working.  Not sure.  The side effects of sertraline were pretty awful.  I am sure I had side effects with citalopram just don't remember than other than lack of appetite.  If I can help in any way let me know.

• Posted

Hi Jean, I was on Citrolpram 20mgs, for years. Then I had to change meds because they weren't working. It will takes weeks for them to get into your system, the side effects will go. Hope this has helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.