Classed as shortlived?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi hope everyone is well...Bit of an odd question but is my anxiety/depression classed as shortlived if I feel back to "normal" but carry on taking my antidepressants as a precautionry measure even when feelinfeeling great again?

Thankyou for any replies.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul - it's good to read that they are working for you. Sudden withdrawal from antidepressants can be dangerous - it messes with the levels of serotonin etc, with the risk of spiraling downward. You haven't given much info: what med, what dosage, how long you've been taking them, whether the depression is the result of a trauma, seasonal, genetic perhaps ... Your doc would be the best to talk to about whether your meds should continue.

• Posted

I would say very short lived, you're extremely lucky, personally I wouldn't stop taking them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.