classes or not?

Posted , 5 users are following.

13 weeks post PKR and only on 2nd lot of physio today as had to do all my own. Physio said once I have done 4 sessions I can join a group to do circuits. Does or has anyone else done these and are they worth it? Hope everyone is well and for those of you on early days still I have to tell you I sleep all night now can walk with no crutches or stick go up and down stairs properly and only have minimal pain now and again...It DOES get better x

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It depends on how you feel about it.  As you are doing so well you probably don't need this.  I go once a week and I am 21 weeks but I am retired.  I enjoy the classes and learn new exercises.  If you font need this then it's not worth you going.
  • Posted

Yes I do circuits , last one today and they will discharge me. It's good to be with other people and do different exercises. They have definitely helped me. Just over 12 weeks for me and walking dog for three miles or so, bend now nearly 120, did not have a problem with straightening anyway. No pain now and sleeping but I am retired so it was fine I had plenty of time. 
  • Posted

Thanks ladies I am 53 and hoping to go back to work June 1st as I teach...bend was 115° last time they measured about 3 weeks ago and can pretty much straighten fully...but I might give it a go for that last push x
    • Posted

I say if it's available, and it sounds like you have some time, check it out. Anything that gets you in a better place is definitely worth is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.