Cleaning hardened smegma from penis when I am unable to pull foreskin back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone (this is going to be really weird for me to talk about),

I am struggling to clean hardened smegma from my penis, as my penis feels quite sensitive to touch and using hand wash soap has been ineffective in removing or even loosening the smegma for the past 2 days.

I've read online that oil can be used to loosen up the smegma which makes it easier to clean, but I don't know what kind of washing oil they mean and I wouldn't know how to ask my parents for some (I am 19) without telling them my issue (I don't want to bring it up with them for obvious reasons). In addition, I can't get to any stores close by because I can't drive, so again I'd have to ask my parents to take me and it would present the same problem.

In addition, I am unable to pull my foreskin back because of the layer of smegma and so this makes it even harder to clean my penis, and has been the reason why I have not properly cleaned my penis for many years now.

An idea that I had was to soak my penis in a bowl of warm and soapy water for a few minutes (foreskin pulled back as far as I am able to) before rinsing it but I'm not sure if this will cause irritation problems as I would have to do it for consecutive days.

Any help would be appreciated, I am eager to get this problem sorted out but I am not looking for a 'quick fix' solution; I want to do this properly so that I can properly maintain the hygiene of my penis.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

you are making it worse dont use any kind of soap or handwash or anything unless prescribed by doctor, just wash your penis in lukewarm water ( never use hot water on penis) 2-3 times a day. and you shouldn't apply any cream or moisturiser, as they may have some chemicals that are not meant for penis skin,

just clean your penis with water only, then clean it carefully with clean cloth, and then you can apply coconut oil on it in morning and at night

it will take time but if you want quick results there are some skin ointment in the market you can purchase

just dont apply anything other than water, cover your penis with foreskin while bathing and dont let the soap or shampoo reach penis skin area

• Posted

Hi Dylan, it sounds like you have bad enough case of phimosis it can be a real problem to properly clean the glans. you should really visit your doctor they can help you and may give you some steroid cream to help with stretching. If you are going to use some oil to try and soften the smegma it would need to be a natural oil something like olive oil. but really you should have it checked with your doctor and get advice as we don't know how severe it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.