Cleared for work

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, happy to report after 14 weeks tkr I have been cleared by my Dr. to return back to work. It has been a long struggle for me. I 've had to really press past pain to get where I am now. Had some questions about swelling and redness, and was told that was normal. I hope that everybody is doing well and rembemer to press on.

2 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hope your return to work goes well . . there is no doubt that the process is painful, but good to hear that you have succeeded .  I'm at 21 week, thank heavens past working age, and doing OK I think .. Still pain on going down stairs, and getting up, but a lot better than before the op!  biggrin
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi Joseph glad to hear ur back to work do you mind me asking what your job is as im 12 weeks and nowhere near ready for my return to work??
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi,Andrea; no I don't mind at all. I am a licensed 100 ton master/ slash AB. I have to be able to do what my license says I can do. Lots of walking up and down steal latter's and decks all day.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

oh lol I work in our maternity unit so unf up and down to wards and on and off a stepping stool heaven nos how many times a day retrieving patient notes and at the mo im waiting for physio as I havent had ANY cos ive got a problem with scar tissue causing awful stiffness! !!! I have to see HR on Tue and I feel really guilty cos im still off. Im 12 weeks post op!!!!!!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

so pleased for you hope all goes well, I am 11 weeks post op, and can't wait to start driving again, can manage going up stairs ok but not down, still get a lot of swelling as the day goes on, but like you told it was normal, thank goodness I'm retired, good luck. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

very happy for you, Joseph.  I am just at the beginning of my 'journey' waiting for my op date.  At 76 I'm really quite nervous as to how I will cope.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi Margaret  . the best way to cope is to have everything in place before the operation . . maybe an over the toilet seat to make getting up and down easier, a bag which you can wear across body for taking things from one room to another (First week or so really difficult with two crutches!) a 'leg lifter' to help you get your operated leg up on to the bed . and a good supply of strong painkillers, just in case. . . some ready cooked meals in the freezer if possible some paper or  plastic plates  and glasses to avoid having to wash up . . Wish someone had told me all these things!!!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks Joseph, all good tips.  Fortunately my husband is an absolute treasure, does all the cooking already and a really cari g man.  We do have some equipment already in place including double stair handrails inherited from a former tenant in our home and stuff we have bought since we both started to get a bit less mobile.  This forum has been an absolute God send. 

Good luck with work and thanks again.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up