Clicking knee

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

Am now 5 weeks post op TKR and finally getting a brick knee that is beginning to bend! But it has just started clicking when I walk? Any other peeps had the same? X

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elaine

My new knee clicked for a while (and it also took about 6 weeks to bend properly. Now 30 weeks post op (it has flown) and happy to report pain and click free. All good wishes for a good recovery.

MM

• Posted

Hi mattiemouse

Thanks for your reply, I just worry about the knee all the time....and it is comforting to know other peeps have had similar......Hope I have a good recovery like yourself x

• Posted

You are as normal as a spring rain. All the soft tissue is streatched and relaxed to the point it isnt doing its job yet. A few more weeks of excercise and all that will change for the better. I'm 4 months out and still have an occassions pop or click. Each time I've gone through this I've had different levels of noise and discomfort at different times. Make sure you're icing after each pe t iOS of excercise to control the swelling
    • Posted

Hi OFG

Thanks once again for your words of wisdom.....it is such a long process, I know that now.......Hope you have a good recovery.... X

• Posted

All very normal, Elaine.

As things start to mend and unfreeze.  You will also be walking differently to the way you have for years.  My first TKR (Dec 2012) still clicks if I have been sitting with my leg at a strange angle, or when I change position in bed.

Patsy

• Posted

wd 40 might do the trick -

sorry I know it doesnt help - but could not resist it !!

all the best in you recovery anyway

Jude UK

• Posted

hi elaine yes my revision knee clicked constently at the begining it nearly drove me mad .i was thinking is it always going to be like this .  when i had my bi lateral it never happened so i was confused .well after a few weeks i think maybe about 7 or 8 wks it did stop so no reason why yours will stop its a settling in period
  • Posted

Hi

I'm only 3 weeks post op from partial knee replacement. I don't have any clicking but worried as discharged from hospital with 90 degree bend but past few days had lots of swelling and can now only manage 60 degrees. Will I ever be able to bend my knee again.

• Posted

You a re very early in the process. Be patient and continue excercises, icing, elevation, hydration and Rest. At three weeks you shouldn't be setting benchmarks for progress. At 6 weeks, 3 months you will have a much better idea where you are. Everyday it gets back and then you have a little backset that means little. Just keep on keeping on.. You'll get there
    • Posted

Hi tracy2364

As OFG says it is very early and I know how it seems like things will never be the same again. I am 5 weeks post op now and still have awful swelling. Some days it is a good bend and others like I have a brick knee but you have to keep going through the night mare.... Chin up! X

• Posted

Yes. Don't worry these things are bound to happen.

Are you still going to physio? Maybe mention it to them.

Have you had yur 6 week follow up appointment with the consultant yet?

Let me know how things are going.

Take care

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah87162

My follow up appointment is next week so hopefully will have a positive day albeit the clicking knee.....

I don't go to physio, just have to get on with it myself! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.