Clingy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have become so helplessly clingy and needy to the point that I will spill everything out to anyone who listens. In particular with mh professionals. Ive seen so many lately and each time, doesnt who they are, I just find them a safe place and tell them everything. I dont know why but Ive never felt this way about mh teams..before I was guarded with them..but now its like they are my safe place as nowhere else is. Do I sound completely crazy?

My emotions are intense and heightened... cannot really get a grip of my tears.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Why would you want a grip on your tears

Let the emotion out don't bottle it up

The tendency to avoid emotional suffering is the cause of all mental illness to life a healthy life you must face probs directly and experience the pain involved.

Your not crazy at all it's very good you open up to the mh team that way they can really help you

Thinking of you mike

• Posted

I can get like that. I'm too trusting and will tell anyone that I think cares. Problem is not everyone does. I'm sure a lot of us on this site are in the same boat so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Of course you don't sound crazy, that's what they're there for x

• Posted

I understand exactly what you are going through as my tears start flowing at the drop of a hat. The fact that you tell people your problems shows you desperately need an outlet and this helps the healing process too. It is better than bottling it all up and then exploding in the worst possible way. I do talk to my family and friends who i know will understand. But cannot open up to strangers.
    • Posted

Thanks everyone.

I feel i cant keep a grip on it at all anymore. I do feel desperate whereas before i was always hiding.

I guess a lot has changed and i am wanting to cut myself off from family altogether now as its is unhealthy and toxic for me..so im leaning on professionals instead. I dont know how to cope alone.

• Posted

You have to do what makes you comfortable and happy. So do what you have to and start healing. You deserve a change for the better. Been waiting far too long. You have my best wishes and support in this. God bless and take care.
  • Posted

when I feel helpless/hopeless...

help someone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.