Clips ou

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am having my clips out in half hour and I am so scared.  My leg is hurting and I feel sick. Sorry to moan but just had to vent my feelings

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It's really nothing to be afraid of...Honestly....your knee (if it was anything like mine when they took mine out) is probably a bit numb anyway....

I actually took video of the nurse removing mine....it didn't hurt or sting at all...Not in the least....You feel a little bit of pulling, but not pain....

When it's done, it's a bit of a relief actually, because the staples while they are in, are pinching the skin together....and it makes the knee 'tight'...this goes away after....

However, I did have the fear that the woulnd was going to open up like a broken zip...but of course it never did....Chin up eh?

• Posted

Hi Susan

you will be fine please let us know how you are when you have the time 

Jean 

• Posted

Please don't be scared - probably over now anyway!

Might sting the teeniest of bits, but your knee will feel much freer and just think of it as another step along the way to recovery.  That's certainly how I thought of it.

Lynn 24 weeks post op

• Posted

So hope clip removal has happened and your fears were unfounded.  Know exactly how you are feeling, having mine out on Monday, and dreading it to.  I do feel though that my knee will feel so much better when the clips are out and the rubber waterproof dressing is gone, it really restricts movement.

Look forward to your report on the proceedure!

• Posted

It's much better once the clips are out. A little stinging  maybe, a couple of mine had scabs on so it was covered with a new dressing, so still unable to get into bath to shower. 

Next is my first physio next week and then I see my consultant 6th Jan smile

Also the tightness has gone since the clips came out so all is good. I'm managing to walk around a little using my walking frame to keep straight. 

I'm going out for the first time today as my daughter is due to have her baby girl very soon and I'm her birthing partner. So excited !!!! 

• Posted

Thanks everyone, home now. It was a bit painful in parts as a few clips were well embedded. Nurse came back to them.  Scar measures a good 9 inches which seemed to surprise her. Have a dressing on now for a few more days which doesn't seem to have made any difference to the tightness.  Nurse wanted me to see gp and so I waited. He gave me oxycodone the same as I was given in hospital for pain plus my paracetamol, can't take tramadol. I seem to have enough for over Christmas.  The pain doesn't seem to be easing though, perhaps early days still.  Just glad worse is over.  Let's hope we all feel a little better before Christmas. 😊
    • Posted

Hi Susan

glad to hear you're ok  

onwards and upwards from now on 

biggrin

• Posted

Glad u ok. I am glue on outside. But desolve stitch on inside. Weird. Anyways blessings. 
    • Posted

Wow never heard that.  I know when I had a petella placememt scope and the stitches hurt. They was tight and imbedded in my skin. Burn comming out. They said this is glue on outside and stitch on inside.  Xxx 
  • Posted

Well done Susan. I was prepared for the worse but it wasn't so bad. Mine seeped a tiny bit but it's amazing how the body works and knit together again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.