Clips removed

Posted , 11 users are following.

Oh dear everything is going wrong with this second tkr. The nurse came to remove my clips this morning and said he (male nurse)

thought it looked inflamed. However he said if he left them any

longer they would hurt more so started to take them out. I

felt everyone and had to go to bed after. Everything seems so different with this knee. Let's hope that's it for set backs.

1 like, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that,Joan.  I was lucky not to have stitches or clips for either of mine, but neither of my TKRs have been straightforward either.  I think some people are just luckier than others.

wishing you all the best.

Patsy

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's not unusual to feel every one, I did.   No two knees are the same.   It's very early days snd you are probably feeling tired too.   Things will get better xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Joan,  sorry to hear that you are having problems.  I guess each op. Is deferent so be patient.  Try to think positive, it really helps.  Wishing you all the best. Oh, and drink drink drink plenty of water. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hope so - just shows not only are we all different but even our own knees are different!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I too found having the clips out horrible. I think some people do heal very enthusiastically ( I used to do platelet donation and have a high count so wounds heal super fast ) which means that clips or stitches get a bit embedded and need encouragement to come out - yikes!  So you are not alone in having to have a good lie down.  Don't take it as a sign of things going wrong, think of it as the next hurdle clambered over.  Your wound will really start to settle now.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am pretty good with pain having all my children with no pain relief etc...what do I do when I have staples removed....collapse after and have to lie down...so yes we all react differently..hope you are feeling better soon x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You really have had hard luck with this one. One thing after another.

Hope things improve for you.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had rotten luck early on too, but I promise you it does get better hang on in there
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up