Clitopram - views please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! I have been prescribed Clitopram  today by my GO, I have been suffering extreme aniexty and this weekend has been an all time low. I visited the GP today and explained everything, and am on the list for CBT, hopefully will get soon however he has prescribed me Clitopram. Can anyone tell me what to expect, possible side effects, etc - just really interested how it has worked or not worked for others. Thanks for reading xx 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daphk

There is a forum her about Citalopram.  I've been on it since July after spending the first half of the year feeling extremely anxious, panic attacks and depressed.  I tried to not go on meds but it got to the point where i had no quality of life.

You will experience side effects for a while, for me it was increased anxiety, I didn't have the nausea etc that some people experience but I did have quite bad insomnia also.  I'm not going to lie to you for a few weeks it is rocky and you will question why you are taking them.  I was a wreck and it was only my therapist who I was seeing at the time who advised and encouraged me to stick with it.  I am sooooo glad I did as I feel fantastic now.  My family commented after a few weeks that I seemed to be more cheerful even though I still felt quite anxious.

The important thing to remember is it's not an overnight fix, it gets better slowly and you will start noticing you have the odd hour of calm then a couple of hours, then a day or so.  You may find that after you have the odd day of feeling fine that you get really disheartened if you have a day of feeling crap but it will improve.  So my advice is stick with it and be patient xx

• Posted

Thank you louise, would help if I spelt it right lol!

Yes definitely worth a try, slightly scares me about making my aniexty worse as it is bad at the minute, Saturday night uncopeable if being honest, but until I get CBT think this is the best option for me.

good for you sticking with it and hope things continue good for you xx 

• Posted

I am in my 5th week of citalopram 10mg i had some side effects in the beginning but then it was fine but i am still anxious though but yeah this medicine helping me somehow
  • Posted

Hi Daphk

I have just started on a corse of Citaolpram too currently on day 5. Have had a few side effects inclkuding stomach pains and insomnia but from what I have read over the past few days is does get better. I actually feel ok this morning and hope this is a taste of things to come. Stick with it. IF it helps to talk then I am happy to reply as we are both going through this at tha same time, otherwise there are a lot of good stories on this site that help with what your going through.

• Posted

I started with Anxiety in November, went to Dr and he put me on Citalapram 10 mg.  To start I didnt feel any better, couldnt eat or sleep and got the feeling in my back and shoulders as if spiders were crawling up my spine.  I am now in my sixth week and, to be honest, I am now eating better, sleeping better and managing my life a lot better. Although they dont suit everyone and I didnt think I would continue with them I am so glad I did now.   I am also waiting for CBT.  Dont give up you will get there I am sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.