Clitoris disappeared

Posted , 3 users are following.

When my wife was young, she had a clitoris.  Now that she is post menapause, her clitoris has completely disappeared.

Is this the usual thing for a post menapausal female, or is it rare.

If its the usual thing, then perhaps there is nothing that can be done about it.  My wife is 59 years old.

Is it a medical condition that could be sorted out easily.

Thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It's called clitoral atrophy and is a real condition.  If she sees the doctor for it they may be able to give her testosterone to help.  Also more use helps minimize the disapearance. Blood flow is important.  Not sure if it is to late in her case but it doesn't hurt to try the doctor route.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Rhonda, I will research this condition and hopefully somethng can be done.  I dont understand the time element though. Why could this be a problem.

Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

I am not a doctor but I have read that it can revert inward or "the hood" over the clit can fuse over it.  Also it can just  "wither away" It is a use it or lose it type thing. 
    • Posted

Oh dear, I may have "missed the boat" on this one then.  I had a long period of erectile dysfunction for many years and unfortunatley was not interested in sex in any way.  My local GP (male) was completely disinterested until I whent to a lady Doc, she was brilliant and understood the problem.  Thanks to Cabergoline to lower my massive amount of prolactin my sex drive is now in overdrive.  But my dear wife has been neglected in the clit area and now the damage is done.

Could her clit be sucked or pulled out gently (sorry for the decription), but I can feel it below her soft bits but its just not showing itself.

Our new GP has put her on Gynest cream, any idea if this would help ?

I really want to make up to her for lost attention of the past inactivity, and was surprised that her sensitive bits were just not there any more.

Thanks for your help once again.

• Posted

Sorry Colin I can't answer if Gynest cream will work or not.  Her GYN should be able to help her if it is able to be helped. I would say if she still has pleasure then maybe it isn't to late.  But couldn't tell you for sure. Hope things go well for you both.
    • Posted

Hi Rhonda

Thank you for your kind advice and taking the time to reply to me.

Colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.