Close reading

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was wondering if anybody else has had the same problems with their reading close up without some kind of readers. 

I had the right eye done about 6 weeks ago and my left eye about 3 weeks ago but my close up is still bad. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

AHHH you  might need to get refraction RX   I do same thing  .. IF your old glasses stronger  Rx prescripted  then you will get glasses BUT   you will get weak Rx than before  same me ...
    Report Reply
  • Posted

Hi frances75444

What type of IOLs did you get?   Did you get monofocal lenses with one eye targeted for distance and the other eye for intermediate?

Once 6 weeks have gone by (2nd surgery) you can see your doctor for  your exact prescription.

Report Reply
    • Posted

I have the sympony toric and was told I would have close reading also but I can see certain things but sometimes my eyes just feel like I’m staring to hard to see without something.  I realize I need more light and that but I’m rather disappointed as that was one of the reasons I choose the sympony.  My doctor told me to try and not wear them as much as possible as it does take time for the brain to adjust. I don’t know I think there all alike.  
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes you should be able to read without glasses with Symfony toric lenses.  I was able to read well right after 2nd surgery as it does take the 2 eyes.   I didn’t wear readers before surgery so my unoperated eye took over reading between my surgeries.

But read at 16 inches should be good for most print - for tiny print like pull bottles or phone book or stock prices - that may need readers.  

In order for that to be the outcome though the target must be achieved.  Your eyes could be still healing too so be patient.  Once you are 6 weeks from 2nd surgery ask for a full eye exam with your prescription in writing.  It may be you are slightly more farsighted which would explain why you cannot read.

But again you won’t know till you have an eye exam.

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up