clueless

Posted , 2 users are following.

im going 2 start orlistat tomorrow, got the tablets yesterday and had no advice off my doctor, i suffer from pcos and have changed my eating and increased my excersize but nothing seems 2 b helping me loose weight. i have got about 5/6 stones to lose. Is there any advice you could give me as im completely clueless as to what to expect. ive read some of these posts and im terrified of the oily stuff, i will b devastated wen that happens sad is it worth taking them and dealing with the accidents?? thanks guys and well done on ur weight losses so far xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

as long as you stick within the limits of no more than 30g's of FULL fat per day and no more than 15g's of FULL fat at any one sitting you should not get the oil. I would suggest starting on a low fat diet for a couple of days before taking the tablets.

Take the extra time at the supermarket to look at the FULL fat content of foods, another rule of thumb is don't buy anything that has over 5g's of FULL fat per 100g's. It is a bit time consuming at first but you will get to know the foods that are ok to have and quickly fall into where to look etc.

• Posted

hi, thankyou for the advice, i am just really very worried about anything un pleasent happining :oops: fruitt and veg dont have much fat in them do thay? x
  • Posted

Hi, no fruit and veg don't have much fat but you need to be careful as some fruit is high in natural sugars and therefore has more calories than you realise, bananas are an example. It's amazing how eating some healthy things still need to be limited as they can have a negative affect on weight loss.

Hope that makes sense and helps

Sally

• Posted

I also have PCOS and am trying to loose weight which is always difficult for women with PCOS. I read on the internet that we should avoid carbs as much as possible. White bread, pasta and rice are worse for us as they are high in glycemic indexes which increases insulin levels which our bodies find hard to deal with. These also produce hormones, so although are hormones are already imbalanced, this makes it worse and can make our sympotoms alot worse than they already are. So steering clear from sugary and high carbs is the best thing for us.

I have been taking the tablets for nearly a week and havent had any bad side effect apart from wind :oops: I even had 2 sweets from the Roses tin yesterday and was expecting to have to run to the loo, but have had nothing yet

I have swopped white bread for brown weight watchers or the small hovis one. Brown rice and whole wheat pasta have now entered by cupboards for the first time ever

Hope that helps, good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.