CMO after Cataract Surgery.,

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 Weeks ago I underwent Cataract Surgery, it was uncomplicated,.& apart from a little immeadiate discomfort my Eye felt ok,.At my follow up post-op my Eye Doctor found from the examination & OCT Scan, that I had developed Cystoid Macular edema, I am being treated with Pred-Forte, Yellox(a NSAID) & Iopidine (IOP lowering drug) Drops. for a four week period.,then I will be reviewed in Clinic again.I need to Add that I also had a CRVO from which I am still under treatment, this occured 4 years ago., The last 2 days I have been experiencing Eye pain,its not a persistant pain, but feels spasmotic.,I wonder if this might relate to Uveitis!!!.my vision as also developed some Blurriness,.I feel that a visit to A&E might be necessary,..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would go to A&E to be on the safe side and for peace of mind.
  • Posted

I too have uveitis and have had cataracts done in both eyes. I just wonder if the eye department at your local hospital has an urgent referrals clinic. Ours does and it is open on Saturdays. If they do, that would be very helpful as they would know more about eyes than an A & E doctor.
    • Posted

When I had my cataracts done I was given an out of hours number to phone if I had a problem. I phoned on a Saturday morning getting a nurse who was at home. She offered to get one of the on call eye doctors to go to the hospital to see me that afternoon. I decided that it was not serious enough for that and she gave me an appointment for the Monday. 
  • Posted

I got an appointment at my Opticions & managed to get my Eye Scanned(OCT), The Scan revealed a large cyst sitting alongside my Fovea in the Macular,. The Optomotrist relayed to me this could be the beginning of a macular Hole,. so Scary,,, I am to be seen in one week for a follow-up appointment with my RS at the Eye Hospital,.so will update after my appointment.,,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.