Cocodomal addict.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've gone cold turkey fro last Wednesday have had no side effects is this normal 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I definitely wouldn't be complaining as the withdrawals are so horrendous. Just be grateful. How much were you on per day? When I went off co-codamol the withdrawals kicked in full pelt the very next day so you may be getting off Scott free. Believe me, no side effects is a VERY good thing. I would rather die than go through them again.

• Posted

I was taking at least 12 a day went cold turkey can't understand no withdrawal weird anything I've read is horrific what people go threw!

• Posted

What strength were they? And how long for? You must be a machine lol. Do NOT go back though.
    • Posted

On an off them for years to be honest 8/500 I hope I stay away this time how long u off them?
  • Posted

To be honest I think you were on a low enough dose for your body to get rid of. I was taking up to 50 12.8mg tablets a day and the withdrawal was like waiting (and hoping) for death. I still struggle with the urge to go back but remembering those symptoms is enough time stop me. Remember trainspotting? That wasn't an exaggeration! That's exactly how it felt and I couldn't tell anyone at the time. It was literally hell. And the depression and anxiety that went with it was nearly worse. You are so lucky. Please please please keep on going and stay away from any form of opiates.

• Posted

I am over it now for about 3 months. I used to come on here and read all the comments about how you should "push through it" and that it would get better but I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I decided to go for an emergency appointment with the doctors and they put through an "urgent referral". That was the 28th of February...and I'm still waiting. All I wanted was something to help with my withdrawal so that I could sleep without having severe restlessness and constant pain (which appears from nowhere even if you've never had pain) and she sent me away. This is how ppl die. Zero help. But "thankfully" the next day I ended up in hospital with a burst appendix and I was honest and told them I didn't want codeine so they used other pain relief and it got me off it. I was in hospital for a month and on home treatment for 2 more months due to complications with the appendix being gangrenous!! Great fun. But clearly a blessing in disguise. My point is (finally) do not get complacent just because you don't have withdrawalsomeone now, because if you continue then you will, and I can honestly say I would rather die than go through that again. I'd almost rather have another exploding appendix lol even though that's not possible lol.

• Posted

50 that's a lot I've tried to go off them before an withdrawal on day 3 always got me ended up back on that's why can't understand why nothing this time,I not complaining just hop doesn't hit me full blast.How long were u taking them for an how long u off them ?

• Posted

I was on them for about 2 years. However, I started off with one or two tablets a day. It very very gradually crept up. I never thought I'd get hooked. Then one day I got fed up of always thinking about when I could next take some and just stopped. At that stage I was on quite a high dose because work became very stressful and it eased it, but that day I quit I got hit full whack with flu symptoms, blinding headache, uncontrollable crying, violent shakes, the works. Awful. I went straight home and took another dose and curled up in bed crying my heart out. Didn't know what the hell was happening. That was the beginning of my realisation that I needed to find a way to get off them. I was due to get married 4 months later and couldn't face another day like that. So I weaned myself off them. Relatively quickly. I would try to go as long as I could until the withdrawal started to creep in and then would just take a very small dose to try and get my body used to coping without it. Much easier than cold turkey but you seem to have caught it just in time. Fair play to you. Please take my advice. I thought I was too smart to end up like that and hey ho here we go lol

• Posted

A dear love you but at least ur getting there,I'm determined to do it this time I can't go on like this but it's good to speak to people going threw it!

• Posted

I am also  ashamed u imagine drug addicts to be herion addicts not people taking pain killers.
    • Posted

When I finally plucked up the courage to tell my mum and my best friend they both told me that they know sooo many people with the same problem, even people I knew! I was so shocked but so relieved to know that I wasn't a scummy druggie lol. It happens so easily and for so many different reasons. Doctors hand them out like smarties and then cut you off when you are hooked!! They need to rethink their strategy. I knew of a 16 year old girl who had tummy pain and her doctor prescribed her... wait for it.... 4 × 30mg codeine A DAY!! 16 Years old. She didn't take them thankfully but I was so shocked.

• Posted

Crazy docs have a lot to answer for but I could go into any chemist an buy mine over the counter!
    • Posted

The chemist is where I got all mine. Doesn't make it less scary and addictive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.