Cold Flashes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Totally freaking myself out! Woke up shaking, a cold flash . It feels like I 'm shaking from inside out and my limbs feel prickly. This happens every now and again, after the last one I spoke to my doctor and she put me on 24 hour heart monitor, all results were normal. But as always anxiety takes over and now I'm on the sofa watching tv, because my stomach is in knots and the nausea is horrible! As I write to you lovely ladies I can feel a hot flash coming on but I still have the shakes from the cold flash! Please help !!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

its horrid i have hot sweats and then the palpitation start then i go freezing cold then the shakes start mainly in my arms and legs and then get knots in my stomach and end up on the loo its terrifying when it all happens at once then anxiety kicks in and makes it ten fold i have to shout at myself that iv had this more than once and it didnt kill me the first time or second or third just ride it out and try and calm down so your not alone love iv booked a session of cbt just to see if i can get my head around all these symptoms and stop thinking that iam dying or iam going to have a heart attack but as i have neither yet iam half way there good luck to you and keep calm xx big hugs ur not alone in this crappy time of life

• Posted

Thanks for reply, good to know I'm not alone, the cold flashes truly terrify me. I've been told reflexology can help and I have a session booked for this week so hopefully it helps.

• Posted

I have only had one hot flash. All the others have been cold flashes.

• Posted

The cold flashes really make the anxiety go through the roof, it takes most of the next day for me to recover from one. Thank God I only get them from time to time.

• Posted

Mine start with a wave of anxiety, then the coldness sets it, then it ends with another dose of anxiety. Not fun at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.