Cold foot

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if any body else had experienced a cold foot. I am just I week since my op was wondering if this is  right.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Just one of many strange feelings you will enjoy during the coming weeks. Nerve damage and scar tissue will cause these strange feelings. Some will go quickly and some will hang around for awhile. Some will go away permanently and others will go away and then suddenly return. Just keep up the excercise program and rest every time you have the opportunity. Time is the great healer so be very patient and do every thing in slow motion. Just make sure everything do is done correctly so things heal properly
  • Posted

Hi ann,I had cold feet for a couple of weeks,it was due to the blood thinning tablets that I was given to prevent DVT. Once I'd finished them it soon eased off.

• Posted

Hi Chris , I am still taking blood thinning tablets so hopefully it will ease of when I finish them.
    • Posted

This forum was great for me in the first couple of weeks when I didn't know what was going to happen next, and when I was feeing low it was a great place to have a rant. The help and advice I've received on here has been invaluable.stick with us. I'm now 8 weeks post tkr and recovering slowly but surely .
    • Posted

Thanks Chris you have been a great help. I was a bit worried.
  • Posted

Hi Ann

i had cold feet for quite a few weeks.  Nothing to worry about at all.

good luck in your recovery.

• Posted

Very probably nerve damage. .when nerves are upset, they send the wrong messages to the brain. some people feel that an area is wet, or cold, or incredibly painful  . . . 
  • Posted

I had problems too with my foot early on.  The sole of my foot was black and blue to begin with, but it was also extremely painful to the touch.  I was assured it was to do with the nerves being affected during the op and indeed three or four weeks down the line the pain eased (as did the bruising).  I am sure your experience is to do with nerve damage too, so hopefully you'll see an improvement soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.