Cold or prozac side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've been on prozac 10mg for at least 13 days, and on the 11th day started to get a sore throat, then runny nose for the while, next day then blocked nose and restlessness insomnia for the night, next day all those symptoms subsided and body was just week and mood was low. On the third day felt fine physically, during those three days I did not take prozac, started up prozac again and blocked nose has returned with semi running nose, feel low mood today, already asked the doctor she says it a cold. Has anyone had anything similar, also did have mild fever and shivering.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

This is my second go around on fluoexitine. I have never had or heard of those side effects. That's not to say it couldn't be. Give yourself more time on the Prozac. See how it is after a week then if it's still happening contact your doctor again. It sounds like a cold to me but I am also not an expert. 

Good luck ??👍

• Posted

How long did it take to work, I am still waiting for positive results, thanks for the reply.
  • Posted

It's different for everyone. Have you been on anti depressants before?

• Posted

Hi

No this is my first time. Feeling very low today could just be the cold though.

• Posted

It could just be the cold, but Prozac takes a bit to balance out in your body. 

People new to this med find it can take 4-8 weeks to start seeing positive results. And it can sometimes make you feel worse in the beginning. But that passes. Be kind to yourself. Try and occupy your mind. Reading, tv, movie, puzzles. Exercise is great for releasing endorphins and lifting mood. 

Good luck

Laurie

• Posted

yea it does
    • Posted

I've asked two different doctors they both said it's a cold, I think I have passed it on to my mother, if it was side effects it would not be contagious.

• Posted

Sorry I meant did you have the same symptoms as me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.