Cold rushes through body??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anybody experienced this with citalopram.... Does it get better because im getting lots of panic attacks too!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes I'm getting the same sensation. I'm getting it more in the morning. I'm putting it down to side effects. Hope this helps xx
    • Posted

I'm on my 5th week of 40mg and having awful side effects, but I'm sticking with it because I've felt so awful for so long. No sleep is the worst! I've got diazepam but try to manage, things can only get better!
  • Posted

Hi Alison,

May I ask how long you've been on citalopram?

• Posted

Ok, yes apparently this is quite normal while the medication is getting used to your body. I'm experiencing, pins and needles, as well as the sweats, heart palpitations, lack of sleep... But every single person I talk to says this will definitely pass... I've been on it for 6 days now so Hun you are almost there! Well done and keep it up, once the meds kick it, you will feel amazing...,.
    • Posted

I was on 20 mg prior to the 30 mg for 10 weeks. you would think because youre body has been having the med for that long it would be Ok increasing but no not me! I've had almost every side effect going! On increasing too!

My Dr says nobody complains of side effects when they increase and said im unique... Obviously im not bcus if they looked on forums like this they would see how people suffer.

I hope things settle for you soon.

• Posted

Alison I think you should go back to your GP and maybe try another med? Are you in the UK? They would usually listen.... It's all about you being comfortable and at peace.... How are the anxiety attacks?
    • Posted

I agree Allison, my Dr has often looked at me as if I am the first person he has heard of with a side effect. Makes me feel even worse, and I sure have learned a lot more here on the forum than I did grom my dr. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. lee 
    • Posted

I wont change meds, have been on most and couldnt get past the first week! im not a blubbering mess like I used to be so its doing something... Just the anxiety I need to get under control. My Dr has given me some propranolol which has helped somewhat. I cant give up yet
    • Posted

You know lee I reckon if someone who has quite bad anxiety is put on these meds I think they suffer more with the side effects bcus we are aware and anxious of every little change. Id put up with the side effects if i knew it was going to getting better. Every little thing sends me into a panic tho! Thats why I keep coming on here :-)

I reckon these professionals should go into these med trials mayb then theyd understand!

• Posted

Oh me too Alison. I am here all the time whining for help and support. Everyone has been so kind and understanding, and I am sure if we stick to the program we will get better, hopefully sooner rather than later. Great idea to put our doctors onto this med for a couple of months, maybe then they would understand the anxiety and stop telling us we will feel great after 2 weeks. Pffffft! 
  • Posted

Hi I've been in citalopram now for about 8 years 30mg and I've noticed if I've missed a few days I get terrible head rushes and dizziness also my brand has been recently changed and I have felt very depressed and my anxiety and panic has come back with a vengeance! I've spoke to my doctor who assures me the ingredients is the same but I can feel it's not ! Has anyone else experienced this??
  • Posted

Yes Alison... started today, on fourth day after commencing 20mg of Citaloprom. Very alarming... dizziness too. Had this 'attack' about seven times so far today.. its 3pm. How many more ?  Peter411

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.