Cold turkey, SSRI,s

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, been on SSRI,s for 20years now going cold turkey, on week 3 is there anybody in the same ⛵

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, a very bad idea..period! do it slowly especially since you have been on it for so long. I've done this before and had to go back to taking them because the side effects were unbearable. I'm now on duloxetine which is the hardest to come off! now on 30mg but was at one stage on 90mg. good luck!

• Posted

Dan

If you have been on this group of medications for twenty years you will need to wean yourself of the dose. this will take time and your GP should assist by providing medication in smaller and smaller dose.

I have been on my AD medications for slightly longer than that, what you need to understand is as we get older medications may need to be reduced. Pensioners need smaller doses. Generally.

I have been reducing medications ADs and Opiates over the last twelve months it can be hard to do however it is good to reduce the drug doses if possible, under direction

BOB

• Posted

first of all.. why have you been on ssris for 20 years. what was your daily dose?

why dont you go to your doctor and reduce the dose ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.