Collapsed bone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Approx. 5 weeks after TKR I experienced terrible pain in the bottom of my leg.  Felt like muscle were being twisted.  Could not walk on my right leg without walker.

?Now 12 weeks later, my OS had x-rays taken and discovered that I had a "collapsed bone" on the inner part of the tibia near my knee.

?Anyone else ever experienced this.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No I haven't. You poor thing!! I hope everything works out.

• Posted

Going for bone density test.  Not a constant pain now but just feels like something is not right; especially weight bearing.  Thanks for your concern.
  • Posted

Oh ouch!  That sounds awful!  Had you had any tests for osteoporosis or osteopenia?  Is it related to that?  My heart goes out to you!
    • Posted

Am going to have a bone density test.  On the date it happened, the pain was terrible.  Now just when I walk it feels weird but is hindering my recovery,   Thanks for asking.
  • Posted

Hope you get this sorted I'm 14 weeks t k r and so scared knee not bending only 70 degrees now more surgery wants to dril holes scrap out scar tissue and snap knee down and then try not to damage nerves or fracture a bone I'm so terrified and so scared. I'm only 51 and want to walk properly and feel so down x 😂😂😂

• Posted

So sorry to hear what you're going through. You have to be positive about the outcome. Don't wish bad things upon yourself.

I wish you well & hope it goes right for you.

Keep us in the loop.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Ooh that sounds horrible Connie.

What are they doing about it?

I wish you well

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.