College and ibs

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 16year old female and I struggle daily with waking up with an urge to go to the toilet and then I am repeatedily going around 4 times before I leave for college. When I eat my meals I feel urges to rush to the toilet after 15minutes. My dietitian has stated that my diet is not a cause of the constant diarrhea, however I find myself having to eat a bland restricted diet oftens to stop severe pain, has anyone got any suggestions as what definetly not to eat and what would help?? I am missing a lot of college due to this problemsad 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I keep recommending Triphala, an herbal supplement that has helped me so much.  It helps your digestive system work better, and if it works for IBS C, I think it would work for D as well.  It is inexpensive, and worth a try.  I get mine on Walmart
  • Posted

My problem is exactly the same.  Except I think it's my diet.  Go on line and find diet called "fobmap" it's for IBS.   seems to be helping me. Good luck

Sandy

• Posted

Hi, try chia seeds, soak a tablespoon of chia seeds in 200 mils of water for couple of hours, they go glutinous and just drink it, chia seeds are high in fibre and other good stuff, check chia seeds out online to see if you think they might help.
  • Posted

Hi Til1810,

Sorry to hear your going through this, I too suffer from ibs and it’s horrible. Have you been celiac tested?

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering with IBS sad Yep tested for everything but they can't pinpoint. I'm now in the process of hypnotherapy as no medication or remedies are helping!! 

• Posted

Experts are not always right in suggesting treatments or causes for IBS because everyone with IBS reacts differently.  Try a food diary and look at the Low Fodmap diet.  Stress can cause diarrhoea with IBS.  I have had this with my IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.