Colour Doppler on Ultrasound scan?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, 

I've been diagnosed as having a complex cyst in my left ovary. I was just wondering whether anyone has any information about colour Doppler scans and the correlation with sinister cysts? 

Just to mention, there was no flow through my cyst but I'm trying to reassure myself. I'm having my ovary removed the day after tomorrow and I've only just turned 24 :-(. 

Thanks in advance x 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

'Viewed in grayscale, the image can be a bit hard to read. This is where color Doppler ultrasound comes in.....'

Does not appear to have any correlation to a cyst being sinster just seems let them see it clearer.

• Posted

Thanks for your response. I just came across a study which gave me some very reassuring information :-). 
  • Posted

Hi

I had my ovaries removed. Diagnosed with come cyst, with chambers and some blood flow. This

Was from a vaginal ultrasound , then had ct. it wasn't until they operated they found  actually had adnexal mass in fallopiN tube, the tube had twisted on itself. On scan this obviously gave

The Appearance of chambers and

The fluid in the

Tube looked

Like blood. Just shows until they

Get in there they don't know for sure.  X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.