Combo thrombosed internal and prolapsed external hemorrhoid

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I'm dealing with an extremely painful combination of an internal thrombosed hemorrhoid and an external prolapsed hemorrhoid. Because of the combination they can't do a Lansing in the office and my only option is surgery which I have declined at this time. The pain is excruciating and has been going on for 8 days now. Reading a lot of these posts it seems like the pain of surgery is not worth it if this is to heal in the next few days but my question is how long will this extreme pain go on? The doctor said it should subside after a week and I'm going on 8 days of intense pain where I can't even work. Has anyone else had this experience and how long can I expect this to go on? Is surgery the answer? Or should I wait until I heal and then try banding? Thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Mine was so painfu, I would have to pull the car over just to lay in the back and cry. I was in pain most of the day. I declined surgery as the doctor said all I needed was ointments and extra fiber. After two months it got worse. I ended up going in- however I was wheeled in because I couldn’t walk. I ended up having the surgery and for the first 1 week I regretted it! I remember being in the tub and couldn’t move due to the pain. The 9th day I was back to normal. Surgery was completely worth it! 

In the long run you will be pleased with the outcome. 

• Posted

Firstly, you poor guy - the pain is so bad and totally consuming. Totally hear where you're coming from but i'd say go for the surgery. I read all these posts and almost cancelled my surgery and i'm so glad i didn't.  I had my surgery  2 days ago, and they surgically excised the exterior prolapsed ones and did a surgical stapling of the interiors ones. The most painful thing so far has been the gas build up from the lactulose stool softeners. Yes the first bowel movement was painful but it's soft and fast to pass. let's face it though... they're painful when your in the pain you're in now anyway. Having just had the surgery i honestly believe the pain your going through now will be worse than the actual recovery from surgery.  The other things is.... you'll be worried when it's going to happen again in the future.. and it will. Bite the bullet, book in, and within  a few days you'll be well on the road to permanent recovery. I think i'm one of the lucky ones as it's day 2 and i can walk around way better than i could when i was going through what you're going through now. I totally get that is a scary ballsy decision but people living with the pain of what your doing through now are already strong and able to handle the worst.  The blogs and all the reading will put you off (trust me ... i was obsessed with them trying to find a positive glimmer) so that's why i thought i'd share my not-so-bad story with ya as, like i said, day 2 and i'm at home and in way less pain that i was prior.  Good luck with whatever choice is right for you at the moment.

• Posted

Hi, I have had the surgery but was sick after the operation so was kept in over night which was the best thing for me. They do not let you out until you can pee. The first bm movement is sore but with the lactive it just comes out slowly and the next one you will know what to expect. First week you just have to take things slowly and I sit in a bath after each movement and have plenty of showers. The pain does get less. You will have to wear sanitary towel for leakage for a few weeks. I am day 11 and only have slight pain nothing like day one. My was grade 3 also had a skin tag.

Best of luck but I would get the operation.

Where would your operation be at ???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.