come off 30mg in two weeks and I'm getting really bad abdominal pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I was on 30mg mirtazapine for over 5 months and even though I was getting a great nights sleep I was proper monged out the next day, so I went my doctors an he gave me 2wks of 15mg of mirtazapine and 4wks of 20mg citalopram, after aweek of taking mirtazapine I started taking my citalopram, it's now been my third day without the 15mg mirtazapine and I can't sleep and I'm getting really bad abdominal pains I have chronic pancreatic as well, has anyone else had this whilst coming off mirtazapine like the way I've done under my doctors orders, kind regards ste xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

stephen, I have chronic irritable bowel syndrome / splenic flexure syndrome. I came off 7.5 over 8 weeks ago, and my worse WD symptom through this whole horrible process has been abdominal symptoms. Cramps, bowels churning with trapped gas that just kept building up, bloating, and epigastric stomach pain and cramps. I am still having mostly abdominal symptoms, but I had abdominal issues before ever starting on Remeron, so I don't know at this point how much is normal for me, and how much is WD caused. At one point I was spending days in bed in the fetal position with a heating pad. Whether it is a doctor's orders or not, at the end of the day, makes very little difference, as no two people respond the same to this unpredictable dose of hell. I wish you the best. If you have someone to give you support it helps, but if not, there are some fine folks to talk with on this site who have been where you are going. Godspeed in you quest! David
    • Posted

Thanks David for your kind words, yes I love this site as I have discussions on cp chronic pancreatic, you take care mate
    • Posted

Hi,Stephen,Like David I have chronic IBS,I'm WD at the moment and my Stomack is in knots .  I know it wasn't this bad before the Mirtazapine.

Im just hoping it will settle a bit once I'm off it ,which is a long way off at the moment.

so there you go your not alone,it is one of the WD symptoms for some people.    Take care and we'reall here for you.

• Posted

Hi Stephen

There are a lot of other discussions re wd on this site and it would be good practice for you to have a look Stephen.  A lot of users are saying that if you wd too quickly the symptoms are very disturbing ~ at the risk of repeating myself I can't suggest strongly enough that you use the CITA method which you will find on here.

Good luck bud, hope your wd symptoms ease up, and remember, as the more experienced people on here are saying, doctors (not psychiatrists) do not necessaril know how to wd from this little devil.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.