comeing off one antidepressant then starting another

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi

I've currently been on a tricyclic antidepressant,and have not taken any for 9 days ,is it safe to take a ssri sertraline on day 9

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Angel I know about that, I suggest you seek advice from your gp.
    • Posted

hi thankyou for readingmy doctor did mention cross tapering but I have forgotten the instructionit is of course 10 days tomorrow,that I will have. Not taken any

thankyou

• Posted

If it was your choice not to take any then I suggest you go to your GP for help and advice as to the sertraline. Don't just take it of your own accord as it may do more harm than good. Ask a professional>
    • Posted

hi thankyouI think that sounds sensible I know my doctor mentioned cross tapering but I've forgotten that instruction on how to

many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.