Comfort in posts

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Ladies, hope you're doing ok. Thanks to those who've replied to my posts, is comforting to know we're all going through the same thing & in varying degrees. Even though I can laugh n joke to try & ease this, at times, unbearable woefulness of hormonal insanity, I am inside screaming for normality, I'm broken, I'm not coping, I'm on the verge of giving up on life, I'm miserable, I'm scared of being eternally stuck in this whirlpool of hormonal insanity I'm drowning in, I'm like a jigsaw with pieces that no longer fit together....

I'm not me! 🙍

'Funny how smiling n laughing can hide a multitude of misery'  

love to all

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh bobbins I feel your despair, I'm feeling the same at the moment, I can't remember what your most debilitating symptoms are but I've been to see a neurologist, ENT consultant, gyno (all privately) to try and speed up a diagnosis of why I'm so dizzy and have poor balance, the three of them have all came up with different theories from panic disorder made worse by hormone decline, some condition called benign vertigo disorder and only last night ENT said vistibular migraine 😉 I have terrible problems with motion as well like in the car with my husband when he's braking or stopping it aggravates things

Not to mention the depression & anxiety , I'm constantly on the phone to my husband at work or sisters howling asking for help, I've never experienced anything like it

GP started me on a type of HRT - livial tibolone I've taken it for a month now and don't feel any better

Surely all of our symptoms will burn out and pass this is meant to be a transition not a life style. I think if we could be more positive & not worry then things may be easier but my personality type us prone to worry

Give me s shout if things get overwhelming and we can sort it out together

Apologies for any typing errors am in bed using my phone

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi Brenda. I'm sorry to hear the HRT isn't working. Mine kicked in after a week. I was going insane with the anxiety and chest discomfort. Dizziness. And worst of all the hot flushes at night. Standing on the cold tiles at 2 am in the morning. Sleeping by an open window looking for the coldest part of the bed. In the middle of winter. 😁. Up to six times a night it would happen. Then off to work the next day. 😱. I stalled at taking it. But I tried it and it worked.I don't know if there are different types. Maybe you should ask your dr. I hope it comes good four you.
    • Posted

Hi Brenda it's called FEMOSTON. HRT. I just order my second script.
    • Posted

Oh I was on that Leagh, had to come off it after a couple of weeks, brought on heavy bleeding and terrible nausea, I've been on livial tibolone for a month hoping it kicks in soon

Take care x

• Posted

Brenda isn't it unreal how people respond to different medication. It was a releif for me. I had to massive bleeds before i started it. Now nothing but the other symptoms have settled. I was relieved. I hope your new medication works. It's such a tough thing to go through. I started gong through symptoms at 47. I'm 49 now. Hope your new medication works.
    • Posted

It is weird Leah how we all respond differently to different HRTs I thought they all had the same hormones in them 😳 anxiety, tearfulness and balance problems are my worst symptoms, don't really get flushing

ENT have told me they think the dizziness & extreme sensitivity I have is caused by vistibular migraine 🙉🙈 they've prescribed nonatriptaline - 10mg low dose anti depressant to prevent the migraine and ease the dizziness, going to the GP tonight to pick up the prescription and to ask if I should continue with the HRT

It's great your HRT is working for you, it must be a relief

Have a lovely day, speak soon x

• Posted

Can I recommend a flax supplement?    It helps balance hormones and helps mood swings.   Take 2 or 3 times a day. 1000 -2000 mg tabs. 

At your local pharmacy.     Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Hi how are you? Every day I have a mixture(ready made) of ground linseed, Sunflower  seeds & Almonds which I buy from my local supermarket, is just called LSA, a lovely nutty mix which can be added to cereals, desserts, baking or sprinkled in sandwiches or icecream etc. Where are you? you might be able to get it in your supermarket or health shop, if you do find it...enjoy.

Take Care

• Posted

What do you recomend for a good nights sleep. May I ask 
    • Posted

Hi Susan,   I haven't had much success sleeping the whole night through since I am usually up to get my boyfriend up for work at 4:00 in the morning. 

But I have read that magnesium 500-1000 mugs helps.  For me a little rigorous excercise has helped me sleep better since it physically tires - as long as you don't excercise too close to bedtime. 

• Posted

Bobbins,

This will pass. I know exactly how you are feeling at this moment. All these sudden, awkard changes that make us feel totally out of control. I used to wonder where my former self went. It seemed to happen overnight and I couldn't understand all the odd symptoms, the low moods, the feelings of disconnect. There was no light at the end of the tunnel and not even comfortable in my own skin. Didn't care to be around others.....the list goes on. 

Trust me......slowly but surely, things start settling down.....subtle for me....it's sure not an overnight thing, like the sudden shift in my moods and aching body was. But I can assure you, I know your despair and it does get better, just not fast enough for us when feeling like you have been. You really aren't stuck, this is just part of the journey.  Sending you healing thoughts and big hugs...this will get better. In the past year I can already look back and see how much more improved I am. I still have a bit to go, but at least I don't feel like a foreigner to myself anymore.

Annie XXxx

• Posted

Hi bobbin , I feel your pain ! I feel like some alien took my body while sleeping and replaced it with an old broken one , and I stuck now , because when I'm feeling off I have many of the. 66 peri meno symptoms and it last for 1week or 10days than I get a few days of normality and misery hits all over again , I really didn't even think all these gh Hang in there friend your not along in this misery , things will get better ! And everything will be back to normal 😀we could eat healthier , exercise , and try not to fall in the misery of symptoms, that's all we could do to keep our bodies together and also our sanity
    • Posted

Hi terri, hope you're keeping well. Just like me....a few 'normal' days then it starts over & off we go again! 😡😢 when these crappy days start again I always seem to get a strange horrible body feeling/sensation(just feel not right, scary)then it's floods of tears & very down mood, do you get those too? and all those symptoms OMG! think I counted 166! LoL

Hangin' in there....... Take Care, hugs

• Posted

HI Bobbins , last night was worst by far took a melatonin 3mg still didnt sleep much had that weird arm pickery warm feeling , also first time with heart palpitations and anxiety, had to take two theanine pills (natural calming pills) still was jumpy inside , didn`t get much sleep ! so , this morning had some left over patches of miniville 0.05 and slapped one on my thigh. and tonight ill use my pills of progestorone 200mg that i hate but ill use this till i go see my new ob-gyn sept 16 , i cant` take this ! i`m always such a positive person  so they say . but really i`ve had enough 6 months feels like an eternity!  i dont have the crying or down mood ! i`m just pist off that i cant get a grip on this! I m positive that i will get this undercontrol and all will be better for you as well , keep chin up sweetie... we will be o.k 

take care big hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.