Coming off anti depressants and anti pcychotics

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive been on anti depressants for sixteen years they have differed over the that time the last ones being citralopam ware i was on Forty mg,i decided to come off them as my memory was terrible and was affecting me terribly,i done this by skipping a day then taking half and repeating the process for around a month,i had brain zaps for about a month after i stopped,i then stopped my chlorpromazine (100)mg and my mirtazapine(45)mg because i was told i was dead inside by my partner of 18 years,i stopped them both straight away and went cold turkey,this is now my fith day without them and apart from feeling emotional,i feel ok,has anyone else done this and is there anything else that may come with me doing this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would go to survivingantidepressants.org if you havnt done so already. 16 years is a long time and within that time the drug has been making some significant changes to your brain. Wds can hit anytime, and you would be extremely lucky to not have any affects from it. Have a look on that site and I am sure you will benefit from it.

• Posted

do you know if the changes are permanent will i eventually get back to normal,im on my fith day now and apart from not sleeping properly,i feel fine i think.

• Posted

look on the site every single question you have, regarding symptoms also will be on there

• Posted

I stopped mirtazapine cold turkey I was only on 15mg. the only problems I've had in the last 3 weeks was after 6 days of stopping I felt sick for a few days and I'm finding it really hard to sleep but I'm feeling great other than that! I've been taking vitamins b,d,omega 3 and magnesium x

• Posted

thats all i had the first 2 times, the third however was a different story!

• Posted

the dead inside is the citalopram, im tapering off and my emotions are back, withdrawals dont hit me for 8-12 weeks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.