Coming off citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

First and foremost I am coming of citapram cause its not therapeutical for me. The drug intial evn with the minor effects did serve me great post my crisis in January.

I have begun coming of citalopram and moved back to mirtazapine, but even between changes i have found the withdrawal symptoms challenging ( but no unsurmountable ). I have been told most of the symptoms i have relate to anxiety ( numbness in fingers, face, muscle achingtongu tingling )

Has anyone else coming off citalpram had similar symptoms and how long did they last , i appreciatte we are ll different but just wat some guidance.

For those just starting citalopram keep with it, it does have some great easy wins wh you get used to it.And people like anne, who ha been a rock for4 me will get you through. it a gret group of people

Jimbob

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jimbo

I am also experiencing muscle ache which has got a little better over the last week but i still have. I have been on the drug for 1 month now and totally understand why you have come off. if you are already suffering from depression and or anxiety the last thing you need is something that makes you mentally worse by giving you side effects that can make you feel as if something is physically  seriously wrong with your body. I had 3 weeks of waking between 2 and 3 am every night combined with achy hands/shoulders/knees, hand and feet sweats so bad i could not get my socks on some mornings because my feet were so wet, headaches and slightly blurred/lagged vision noticeable when driving. I think anyone going through the side effects alone could get themselves in a real state. This forum is a godsend because you can think you are the only person going through this espicially on a sunny sunday (today) when everyone is out and about enjoying themselves.  its a real shame this site does not have a real time chat forum where we could all get on and chat when we are having a bad time getting on or coming of citalopram. Love and best wishes to my fellow Citalopramers

• Posted

Sorry I forgot to credit Anne, she is a great asset to this site    Thanks Anne x
    • Posted

Hi David 

thank you very much for the kind words, please stay strong for a while longer it does get better and you are already a month in, so persevere you deserve to be well, it is so difficult but there is light at the end of the tunnel for us all, some take longer than others but we will all get there.

Take care,

Annesmile

• Posted

Hi Jimbo so good to hear from you, I have been thinking abiout you and hope things are getting better in your life as well as your mind, I hope the Mirtazapine works better for you, I do believe most of our symptons and probable side effects are due to our anxiety, in all aspects of anxiety health anxiety and social anxiety included, so I really hope your going to get your old self back and let us know how you get on with the Mirt and the withdrawal of Cit, hope your getting to see the kids as much as you like as they will help you get thru this too, stay strong and keep in touch, and thank you so much for the lovely compliment, I am so glad I could be there for you, and still am at any time, xx

Take care smile

Anne smile

• Posted

Its ashame the calopram wasnt quite for me, its a great anti dep, ust it didnt hit spot for me with anxiety. The withdrawl is not nice but i am focused and take it day by day,  determined to be strong.

As for personal life I havent seen the kids, but I am passing this wrry onto a solicitor as I am now orking again, albeit from home.

I have to be a little selfih and start looking after me.

Anne I cant thank you enough, and all those people just starting on cit, stay strong and allow it chance to work, in term of dpression thi tablet has stabilised me really well

• Posted

Hey Jim

It will all sort itself in the end, I promise you have been so strong just stay that way for a bit longer, so sorry you havent seen the kids that sucks, kids should not be used this way, they have a right to see you, Its great your working again, that will help you focus, and I hope the withdrawal is quick and easier from here in, and you get a new great life back really soon, xxx Life is for Living its over way too soon so yes think of yourself and your kids you will get there. xx

Anne smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.