Coming off Fluoxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been feeling really ill coming down on Fluoxetine not as bad as i thought it was going to be but it feels horrible for sure i need to slowly decrease my doses for 3 weeks then move onto my new medication Mirtazapine which am also not looking forward to tbh who does when going to a new medication but damn i feel so spaced out and sick from lower doses from 60 to 20 :P

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been on the Fluoxetine?  You can take both Fluoxetine and Mirtazapine together.  Coming off SSRI's should be done over many many months (sometimes a year ... depending how long you've been on them) so reducing over 3 weeks you're going to feel quite ill and for a long time.

• Posted

Hi Kate, 

started Fluoxetine a few days ago, I sure hope this one works. Still snowing in Vermont.

• Posted

Hi Lynn

Just replied to your message too - and you've answered my question here lol biggrin  Yes hope its more suitable!!  

Wow snowing??  Its finally slightly warmer here, snow and icy cold wind has finally stopped, though having lost of grey showers ........

I think Spring has finally sprung biggrin

• Posted

I think Mirtazapine is a much better drug...at least you don't go through the plagues of hell getting ON or OFF or it... I was 6 days on Prozac and am OFF as of today! ...Dr's approval... I was progressively more sick (and I do mean mentally and physically) each day...and yesterday almost had to go into the ER.... I went off Mirtazapine because I thought I was 'so much better' I didn't need it any more...yeah, I know... goofy thinking.

Anyway! I wish you much luck, Ross, I think you will do fine!! Have a great upcoming week!

• Posted

BTW....the first time I went off Prozac (after being on it for many months, I quit over a period of 2 weeks...took a dose one day, skipped the next. No problem. Its ALL very individual....

• Posted

Didn't think anyone replied and yes been on it for years and the Dr told me to come down on it it in 3 weeks to transfer the drug to another but made way worse and still horrible 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.