Coming off HRT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I'm new to the group and wondered if anyone had any advice on coming off HRT please? I've been on Elesette 1mg duo for just over a year, although it's working for me I am so uncomfortable with the weight I have put on. I feel terrible in myself, really low and losing my confidence. However we have osteoporosis in the family so without HRT I am worried about that too! Can anyone help please. Thank you in advance x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think as we all get older we do gain weight regardless of hrt or not. I too have gained weight since starting hrt but feel the benefits are worth it. You have to weigh up the pros and cons. Try and find an activity that you enjoy and your confidence will come back and you will feel stronger and may lose weight. And it will keep your bones strong. Keep in touch x
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, I do worry about my bones with coming off it. I need to find a balance I guess. Thanks again x
  • Posted

Hi Aison, I have had to stop my HRT as needed to have my womb checked & a polyp removed. I stopped it straight away as  my procedure was in Four weeks. I was going along ok then i had all of my symptoms come back, awful. I have been on my HRT for 2 years & felt great. I have read they should be gradually cut back as your body can go into shock? I think this has what has happened with me. All of my results came back fine, I am now on a lower dose been taking them for 9 days now ... not feeling too good Sweats anxiety ... i want to go back on my original HRT so going back to my Dr. DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS OF ANY USE TO YOU? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.