Coming off Mirtazapine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, ive bin on Mirtazapine for about a year now I was on 45mg. It was good at first but due to putting so much weight on I was miserable so I asked the doctor if I could change to something else. She said I could but first I'd have to gradually come off mirt so she told me to take 30mg for 7 days then 15mg for 7 days. Ive read that it usually takes months to come off them from the highest dose. I'm now experiencing an upset tummy & I dont know whether or not its withdrawals. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please. Thankyou x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Amanda,Yes its withdrawal I was on7.5mg for 7 months and had dreadful side effects ,fatigue no appetite and some others .I have been off it for almost a year and have gone a few weeks feeling I was back to normal only for it to kick back in mainly stomach cramps and nausea.I was very tempted to go back on the drug just to feel normal again but resisted as I had come this far.Of course we are all different and you may get over it faster .I just wish Id never gone on it.Hopefully you will get over it soon .

Dorothy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.