coming off Mirtazapine update

Posted , 5 users are following.

having followed the cita withdrawal method, I am planning on taking my final 2mg tablet tonight.  My sleep pattern has improved a little but I am still getting 1 or  2 completely sleepless nights a week. On the sleepless nights I have random song lyrics playing over in my head! I'd really like to know how long this is likely to last. If anyone has had any similar withdrawal symptoms, please share? Please note I have never, ever had a sleepless night before starting mirtazapine!

Thanks

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Scott

You sound like you have done very well managing your wd with the CITA method so far Scott.  Reading your post above it isn't easy to understand why you want to stop Mirt' altogether NOW when your wd symptoms are still quite pronounced - the song thread in your head is an unconscious coping mechanism, some people deal with the stress this way ... we're all different, my friend has this symptom (she occasionally has unmanageable stress in her life - as is wd in our equivalent) - if I were you I'd stick with the 2mg a while longer.  Give yourself a break, there's no rush, for your health's sake ...

Just saying, hope you don't mind.  

Wishing you well. 

I've been on 15 mg

• Posted

Hi Calmer,

The symptoms have improved a little since reducing the dose. I also think that the sooner the drug is out of my system the sooner I can rely on sleeping naturally.

Having said that I might take one a week for the next couple of week just in case coming off completely hits hard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.