Coming off Mitazapine 15mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been on this for 7 days, and i'm done this drug is a nightmare, so far it is causing:

Chest pain

Dizziness (more than usual)

Visual Disturbances (more than usual)

Blurred Vision (more than usual)

Pain in Muscles (mainly Leg and Chest)

No energy (walk slowly as well as talking slowly)

Weight Gain

Bad Diarrhea

No improvement on sleep

Bad Dry Mouth

No energy (worse than usual)

Grogginess

Anxiety (really bad)

Making my depressionworse.

Muscle Cramps

I have not found any good points to this drug, so any advice on how to quit it, should I half the tablets because I am sure my doctor will tell me I can just stop, but they know crap about the drugs they prescribe.

**So, I need useful advice, problem is I only have the 15mg tablets, **not sure if I can get the 7.5mg tablets in the UK, I can ask I guess, but I definitely want off this drug, before I get used to it and its more of a nightmare to come off.

Not sure why when you have anxity and depression your Doctor puts you on a drug that makes it all worse, what a stupid idea - I did the same with Citalopram it was awful and I just came off it.

Medication does not agree with me ever, just makes me feel crapper all the time.

Any advice would be great, or will it not be that bad after 7 days?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Update : I need to give these 3 weeks to work, so I am told, and it will get worse before it gets better - bet I end up with none of the benefits and ALL the side effects, as I have told my GP if they a'int working in 3 weeks I am off them, if it kills me so be it.

Why does my GP tell me I can "just stop" the tablets from 15mg - when people on here say otherwise.

Its a very weird concept to me, a drug that is for depression, causes it as well as sleep issues WTF?

I** want to tell my GP they are damn well wrong, but they do not care, but my question is I have a 15mg pill how to a accurately taper down from that, I am told 7.5MG is not available in the UK.**

• Posted

7.5mg is available in soluble form! ive been on and come off this med 3 times x

• Posted

I do not think you will experience too much of a withdrawal after only 7 days. I was on this junk for 3 years and weaned for almost a year. Thank God I am free of it. I had the worst thoughts and side effects and gained over 40 pounds. This was the worst medication for me.

• Posted

darla -

Great example of weening slow... very, very slow.. One year sounds like

a lot, but if you consider if you live to be ninety, then one year is only

slightly over 1% of your life. Not much. Great you could be losing all

the weight ! Many,many, many many, psyche drugs CAUSE weight gain.

Have been weening off of Klonopin for one year, and may have one

year to go or even longer.. Klonopin is especially physically addicting !

Been on it 25 years !! Way too long.. Most all doctors say that 1-2

months is the maximum to be on Klonopin. Extreme physical dependence

and addiction... Extreme.

Bless you

• Posted

Ween slowly off. Even if it takes 2, 3 ,4 months. The brain needs time

to heal. SLOWLY wins the race. Then try natural remedies. Deep

breathing, running, correct diet.Remember this: it takes time for

the brain and central nervous system to heal. Try 5htp , tryptophan,

calcium, magnesium. etc. The brain always "rebounds" trying to

reach homeostasis. A natural state. Remain calm. Always think the

brain is rebounding and it takes time. Be patient.

Be around humorous people to get your mind off of your issues.

Love !

• Posted

This is a ridiculous thing to say to someone who has been on it only a week. If you were on it for 6+ months I would agree. Do as everyone else said Artic & just stop altogether after only one week.

• Posted

I agree with darla23 . Stopping after just 7 days should not be a problem.

• Posted

Thanks, what about after 3 weeks, same advice ?

• Posted

I also agree with Darla. After just 7 days you can probably just stop - the sooner the easier. If you have problems doing that and need to go a bit slower, buy a pill splitter from a chemist or online. Splitting is quite easy. A craft knife might do instead, but a splitter avoids spills.

• Posted

Thanks, what about after 3 weeks, same advice ?

• Posted

what mg are you on for 3 wks? Maybe cut it in half and see how you'll do depending what dose you are on. Take it slowly.

• Posted

I don't have the experience to comment on getting off after 3 weeks. See Pam46083's advice. It seems sensible. If your doctor is a nice person who listens I would recommend trying to comply.

• Posted

You have been on it a short time I would just stop. it is a horrible drug and the longer you are on it the harder to get off. Side effects are bad.

• Posted

what what if I'm on it for 3 weeks I said to my doctor ID review at 3 weeks, because because he reckons I should be on it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.